Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Name change?

I tried searching and looking through posts but was unable to find anything. Is there any way we can submit for a name change? I rolled my first toon to 17 using my favorite name, then re-rolled a new race. I'd love to delete my first toon and change name of second so I feel whole again. Am I asking too much??
Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Server GM

Unfortunately, we do not change names under any circumstances unless it's a violation of the naming policy.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you for the quick reply [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

You could always write a best-selling novel (or even a decent-selling one would probably be sufficient), featuring a main character whose name just happens to be the same as your character's, and then petition yourself for a name change ...

Heck, if you can figure out how to bribe someone like George R.R. Martin, it's practically a paid name change service [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always write a best-selling novel (or even a decent-selling one would probably be sufficient), featuring a main character whose name just happens to be the same as your character's, and then petition yourself for a name change ...

Heck, if you can figure out how to bribe someone like George R.R. Martin, it's practically a paid name change service [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be the most legendary story in annuls of nerd history. If game of thrones existed only to get a name change on an everquest server.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Names become available right away when you delete a character. You could delete your old char and then create a new character using the same name
Old 09-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

What lvl is your second character?
Old 09-12-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Make another account and petition your character that the name is offensive to you

(Don't really do this)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What lvl is your second character?
I mean my first toon is only 17 the second one is 24 lol. Nothing too high level but it's the principle.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

Not trying to be a dick but you chose to lvl the character that had the name you didnt want while owning the name you did want. this isnt a thing for the GMs to deal with.