Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imma artist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I could do it....just gotta know what pieces is needed.
The UI team will have the most knowledge on the matter, so I'd recommend getting in touch with them.

But again, I strongly suspect you'll see the problem when you actually start trying to make things look good at 800x600 AND more than twice that resolution. The stone UI really wasn't designed for it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine feeling as entitled as OP
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if they take personal offense of my reasonably held opinion? yes. I'm clearly not the only one who takes issue with this UI since it's been mentioned more than once in this thread that this topic comes up rather often and I've seen a couple others mention it in the discord channel since I joined just a couple hours ago.
As the saying goes, "it had nothing to do with what you said, and everything to do with how you said it".

I wish I could go to your work place, crap on your desk, and then tell you that it's your personal problem ... not because I think it would drive the point home to you (you've made it clear you'll bury your head in the sand and take no responsibility for anything you do no matter what) ... but just for the sort-of-poetic justice of it.

You're an asshole dude.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine feeling as entitled as OP
Old 10-16-2019, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the saying goes, "it had nothing to do with what you said, and everything to do with how you said it".

I wish I could go to your work place, crap on your desk, and then tell you that it's your personal problem.

You're an asshole dude.
And it's your absolute right to hold that opinion. I am not going to start lashing out because you believe so.

See the difference?
Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

nobody is stopping you from submitting your own ui changes. i would welcome them.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody is stopping you from submitting your own ui changes. i would welcome them.
I can link you to several EQ UI Depositories that have ui aesthetics that would be acceptable alternatives. I take it you live in North Korea and don't have access to Google?
Old 10-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it's your absolute right to hold that opinion. I am not going to start lashing out because you believe so.

See the difference?
You're correct ... in the sense that one can't "start lashing out" when one has been doing it for six pages (in just this thread alone).

But I'm done: keep yelling at me if you want, but I'm going to go eat dinner.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

I DEMAND the staff return all of the OP's monthly donations and write him a letter of apology. The nerve of these people for not creating a UI exactly to his liking!
Old 10-16-2019, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I DEMAND the staff return all of the OP's monthly donations and write him a letter of apology. The nerve of these people for not creating a UI exactly to his liking!
I don't expect them to create it to tailor my interests. Because other people already have. There are several websites that literally act as depositories for fully fleshed out UI alternatives. But we're not allowed to use them because "it's not classic"-- when in reality they are admittedly incapable of fully recreating the classic experience.

My biggest issue is the cherry picking of what "keeping it classic" means. It's a load of shit.

Don't worry though, within weeks of launch someone will find a way to dupe the server into recognizing altered UI files, and fix the issue the same way they "fixed" the "ban" of luclin models on blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 10:44 PM..
Closed Thread