Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Orc

Default Looking to Start on Green

Hey all!

Looking to start up on p1999 here soon. Planning to play on green for the time being.
As I understand it is a beta, is there a discord channel or a streamlined way to report bugs?

Also, I was wondering if there was any particular class that the server may be short on?
I play usually around 7:30pm Central Standard Time (most of the week). I am a fairly experienced raider and know quite a bit of the content through Kunark, but, I never really got to do Velious back in the day and am looking forward to becoming part of a team and freezing my butt off :P
Old 10-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Welcome.

The discord is linked on the home page:
https://www.project1999.com/index.php
There is a green channel.

There is a "Green bugs" section on these forums, but if you are new here it may be good to just ask people in discord first to make sure what you are curious about is actually a bug. Memories from 20 years ago can be hazy. Search the forums before posting a bug, there's also a wiki that often explicitly describes behaviors for various mobs/items/etc. And this page which can show you a behavior you expect may not actually be in game until a certain era.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_notes
There's also a normal "Bugs" section for issues that apply to both green and blue server.

There is a huge influx of not-a-bug posts there and I'm sure all the noise does not help the developers in their final crunch.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

There is a poll around here showing the Magician to be the least popular class. No telling what reality will be like, however.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/p...ts&pollid=2171

Who knows how representative of the actual population on green will be. Imo and based on that poll though, we will have too few clerics, monks, warriors, and wizards.

It's pretty hard to have too many clerics, especially for raiding (and pre-clicky-rez raiding at that). Some people are not doing monks in classic because they only want to play monk as iksar, though a dark elf monk seems like it'd be neato. Some people are not doing warriors in classic, especially on day 1, because of gearing concerns on a fresh server. People generally are pretty "meh" about wizards on p99, but imo they'll be in an amazing spot during classic; nukes hit hard as fuck compared to melee damage throughout classic, stuns and roots and snares and quadding are all nice, ports are very convenient especially on a server where not everyone has a druid alt offering to port everyone all over for plat (plus imo druid numbers are lower than usual on the poll too).

But you really can't go wrong with anything if you're getting into this to enjoy the classic experience.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars2heaven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a poll around here showing the Magician to be the least popular class. No telling what reality will be like, however.
To put this in persepctvie to the OP:

There was a "what class are you going to play" poll put up about 6 weeks ago and that had Magician as the 5th most popular class. Then there was one on Friday and now it is the least popular class.

Basically, no one know...
Old 10-21-2019, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

According to the poll lots of enchanters and druid about 12% for each if it's any indication.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Orc

So hard to choose lol. I mailed gnome mage on ragefire when it was released, but, couldn’t stay motivated with the class. Hence, i only leveled him to about 33 and re rolled. I really want to roll something I never rolled back in classic to increase the experience which is why I will probably play an Ogre Sk, have little to no experience starting fresh from oggok. Well. I look forward to seeing you all in game soon. GL HF
Old 10-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Banned

mages are only fun in classic, their lack of utility and one dimensional nature only becomes more and more of a problem in kunark and velious
Old 10-21-2019, 03:13 PM
Banned

on blue launch it ended up being really short on clerics and rogues

there was also a shortage of pallys and rangers, but considering they had little to no end game utility no one really cared
Old 10-21-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to project 1999,

Be sure to check out the https://wiki.project1999.com
It has a bunch of useful information about the server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread