Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 12:17 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wenai: I don't believe fine plate was in until the Kunark-era's major blacksmithing patch. P99 having it originally was thus something of a glitch. In classic prior to sol-ro players upgraded their bronze armor to rubicite or mix-and-match pieces. Higher-level tank types often ended up looking like a walking scrapyard.

Danth
Really? Oh man I had no idea it wasn't originally in. Rubicite will be awful for people. I fully expect everyone to be rolling on it due to it being limited release.

Blue release was a lot different. People were passing even limited items to the people who needed them more, but I am not naive enough to expect that to be the case this time around. I am fully expecting server first full set of rubicite will be a wizard with it in their bags. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 05:15 AM
Kobold

Danth is correct. I think I'm the only person that had a fine plate set in the classic era (on live). I often had people sending me tells about it. Fashionquest!

Rubicite wasn't rolled on by everyone at the time, because nobody knew it would be taken out. Wenai is probably right about the wizard lol.

Thanks for the list of gear Wenai, it's definitely good information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Classic era is the besssst
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Danth is correct. I think I'm the only person that had a fine plate set in the classic era (on live).
are we talking about the vendor FP then!? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's like 3,500pp for the visible pieces haha.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are we talking about the vendor FP then!? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's like 3,500pp for the visible pieces haha.
I wore a suit of this (the small version) on Jimjam when I first started. He was a self geared alt. I smashed a lot of willowisps with a blood forged warhammer until they no longer gave xp and used the cash from greater light stone quest to plate up, which i wore until i quested crafted.

Luckily for me the sellback on this armour is pretty decent so it wasn't money down the drain.

Edit: i just remembered finding a bracer of the hidden and splitting the plat 3 ways with my trio may have also helped to fund this ��
Last edited by Jimjam; 09-22-2019 at 02:02 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly when you look at the other options in Classic it doesn't even sound that stupid to farm 6kpp and buy the vendor armor i guess lol.

I was toying around with what kind of weapons will be available for a warrior at early levels... Are the Combine weapons up at launch?
Old 09-22-2019, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly when you look at the other options in Classic it doesn't even sound that stupid to farm 6kpp and buy the vendor armor i guess lol.
Nobody used vendor-bought steel plate armor because it was expensive but had the same AC as the vastly cheaper bronze armor. It was a little bit lighter than medium bronze though. A rare few players bought it for the fashion simply because it looked like silver plate armor instead of bronze color. Ringmail (dropped) and chainmail (vendor) shared the same relationship, as did rawhide (dropped) versus leather (bought). The leather set was cheap enough that players did actually buy it fairly often, while chainmail was only rarely purchased and steel plate, hardly ever.

Danth
Old 09-22-2019, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Say hello to banded and bronze...
Old 09-22-2019, 08:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Say hello to banded and bronze...
I think someone posted that crafting wasn't put in for a while so we won't have banded at start?

I'll be after whatever I can get my hands on for the first few levels for sure.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

no, 'crafted' armour wasn't in at release. Ironically 'crafted' armour is the name of an armour line that is quested. This was put in with temple of sol ro.

Basic trade skill stuff like banded armor was in from the start, though I believe the trivials for this got changed around a bunch.

If you are interested in smithing, skill it up early, as the trivials end up getting altered in a way that makes reaching high skill levels less easy.
Closed Thread