Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Default Cleric - what do you need CHA for ?

Hey all,

Is CHA important for a cleric ? As far as I know, I believe it is used to :
- reduce critical resists on lulls
- get better price when you sell stuff to merchant

Does it have other utilities ? (maybe get better chance to land a root ?).

Do dwarves cleric get bad time due to their very low charisma ?

Thanks !
Old 10-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Large Bat

CHA for me is 1/10 importance. There may be some very small check on the spell Calm. Most studies I see is CHA is next to useless for almost any class, even enchanter.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

CHA means everything when trying to Calm. It will affect your crit resist rates, and crit resists often suck.

Playing cleric as a ghetto enc is one of most fun things I know in EQ.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Cha is by far the most important cleric stat. Anyone who says otherwise does not own or play a 240+ cha cleric unbuffed.

You can get anywhere with calm/root/atone. Literally anywhere you like.

You are easily the best person in a group to be controlling pulls, and even more so in a duo. Curt calm resist on an enc is an out of control situation. On a cleric it’s laughable and so easily survivable while partner feee casts to CC. Do almost all the pulling in every dungeon on cleric as every option is much higher risk (except a bard).

You’re able to very easily reset situations with calm/atone.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

haha LUL op doesn't know what CHA is for on a cleric. lul
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddraven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CHA for me is 1/10 importance. There may be some very small check on the spell Calm. Most studies I see is CHA is next to useless for almost any class, even enchanter.
I think Blue has spoiled everyone with its inflated economy. On Green I think plat is going to be a lot more valuable, and as a result having higher Charisma, and thus being able to sell stuff for more plat, will actually be a lot more significant.

But yeah, being able to Calm/Pacify/whatever reliably is big. I almost want to give my 29 Cleric some Charisma items (even though I'm very anti-stat gear for leveling), just because it's so annoying when he tries to calm a room, fails and agroes it instead, has to gate out, med up, head back in and . .. gets resisted again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Twinked soloing cleric problems [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Does it have a role in atone?

I know atone has a chance to fail- it makes sense cha might be involved?
Old 10-14-2019, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

what you actually want is negative CHA. out of los pulls on crit resist is pro tactics
Old 10-14-2019, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Hm. Usually, I never lull even-con or higher mobs. But if I had really high charisma, I could go ahead and spam lull on reds until it is not resisted. But think about the gear it would take to get up to even 200 charisma. If it's your first character, I bet you'd hit level 50 before you gather that kind of gear.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddraven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, really? I don't know if you're trolling or not.

Perhaps you should read this: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383

Also, since the September patch fixed Pacify duration, you should be using your Donal's bracer for 7 minutes of awesomeness and a lower MR check than calm.
Closed Thread