Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 02:39 AM
Large Rat

Post New to the server, looking for pointers

Hey, everyone! I just started playing on the blue server a day or so ago. I used to play EQ for a little while, but I was really young at the time. My dad was practically addicted from 1999-2006/7, so it gave us something to "bond" over. I always found the challenge and absolute necessity of interacting with other people of old school EQ to be incredibly appealing, and it's basically been the game I compare all other fantasy MMOs to ever since I was a youngin'.

Rolled a bard as my first character so I'd be able to solo some before building up a friend-base. I remember a lot of broad strokes, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some quests that provide decent xp, armor, or weapons. Mostly been kiting for my levels, but have been keeping my 1 hs skill up so that I don't just flounder when I end up grouping.

Seems like a good server/community and the choice on where to end adding expansion packs is absolutely perfect IMO.

P.S.
I made another thread with the same title and very similar body. Admittedly, I didn't read the text after I hit "Submit New Thread," so if each thread needs a mod or admin approval, I definitely apologize for the double thread and definitely suggest deleting one of them. However, maybe I just done and goofed while trying to post it. If however it is in fact the former, again, sorry about that.. :\\
Old 10-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome. Bard really dont need much gear, but yeah u should keep ur skills trained - n group too so u learn the class.
Lambent is something u can try to get at later lvls, just ooc for some parts
Closed Thread