Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have the exact formula, although I bet it could be reverse engineered with some tests; but my feeling is that charm duration is 85% level, 10% MR, and 5% charisma
After many hours spent enchanting I would highly agree with this.

I rarely even bother to tash my pet honestly and I don't feel it makes a big difference until the level gap is smaller.

That being said, I do always run 255 cha but have had many times where I forgot to recast and didn't notice a change
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by Jmcwrestling; 09-30-2017 at 11:12 AM..
Old 09-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=Barm McLir;2587579]
Assuming that it is close, then these comments from the function isCharismaCheck() (line 4637) are very helpful:

Code:
/*
Charisma ONLY effects the initial resist check when charm is cast with 10 CHA = -1 Resist mod up to 255 CHA (min ~ 75 cha)

Charisma less than ~ 75 gives a postive modifier to resist checks at approximate ratio of -10 CHA = +6 Resist.

Mez spells do same initial resist check as a above.

Lull spells only check charisma if inital cast is resisted to see if mob will aggro, same modifier/cap as above.

Charisma DOES NOT extend charm durations.

Fear resist chance is given a -20 resist modifier if CHA is < 100, from 100-255 it progressively reduces the negative mod to 0.

Fears verse undead DO NOT apply a charisma modifer. (Note: unknown Base1 values defined in undead fears do not effect duration).
*/
And just below that;

Code:
//Lull spells DO NOT use regular resists on initial cast, instead they use a flat +15 modifier. Live parses confirm this.

//Regular resists are used when checking if mob will aggro off of a lull resist.

Interesting. So if I'm understanding this right, Cha only effects the initial cast and not the individual checks after? Or am I completely off on that? Regardless, informative, thank you.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

I think it's fairly safe to assume that CHA works differently with charms on P99 as opposed to the vanilla EQEmu code.

In my experience, higher CHA does indeed extend the average charm duration.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's fairly safe to assume that CHA works differently with charms on P99 as opposed to the vanilla EQEmu code.

In my experience, higher CHA does indeed extend the average charm duration.
I'm pretty sure the comment meant that CHA doesn't extend the fixed duration of the spell. For example, the best you can get from Charm at level 12 is 276 seconds regardless of CHA.

Holding off on this comment until I read the source a bit more. I may have this wrong.
Last edited by Barm McLir; 09-30-2017 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

The comment is taken from the vanilla EQEmu code. P99 runs a modified version of this code and nobody but the P99 devs know what exactly they modified.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Interesting code comments.

I believe they mean that while it doesn't extend the maximum charm duration, it does indeed affect the checks upon server ticks. So, you can indeed have longer duration charms as opposed to a lower CHA whch would yield more charm check fails.

Something like that... er
Old 10-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The comment is taken from the vanilla EQEmu code. P99 runs a modified version of this code and nobody but the P99 devs know what exactly they modified.
I said this in my first post.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Aviak

I'm still not convinced that there are different charm modifiers for the different, currently available, classes. From a developers point of view, I'd make them all the same probably. It's simply too hard to measure.

Maybe a developer can enlighten us please :-)
Old 10-08-2017, 04:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I'm unsure of is if charisma checks are applied to necro lulls, because mine crit fail a ton as a necro. I've haven't cared enough to throw on a small cha set and test it but if it did effect it, it might be worth throwing on some cha when soloing some higher end stuff like HS south on a necro.
This is exactly what I observed. With all the -cha necro items, it's easy to have zero or negative cha. If you do this, you'll see that virtually every lull resist is a crit. I am certainly convinced that cha affects necro/sk undead lulls, and presumably druid/ranger animal lulls as well.
Closed Thread