Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm afraid I don't enjoy PvP at all.

I can't play in first person view as I get a massive headache when I try. No shooters for me FPS I mean.

I would love to play a monk but from what I remember the severe weight restrictions put me off considerably and doubled with the fact that I get lost at a drop of a hat it will be very bad without a gate or other way to get out when I am thoroughly lost. Also I can never be a good puller because I will get lost on the way back.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm afraid I don't enjoy PvP at all.

I can't play in first person view as I get a massive headache when I try. No shooters for me FPS I mean.

I would love to play a monk but from what I remember the severe weight restrictions put me off considerably and doubled with the fact that I get lost at a drop of a hat it will be very bad without a gate or other way to get out when I am thoroughly lost. Also I can never be a good puller because I will get lost on the way back.
Learning to pull can be intimidating at first, but within 1 or 2 cycles of a camp it becomes routine and you will stop getting lost.

I can pretty much run through any zone damn near blind because of pulling on my monk and I have found it helps me even on other classes because I never get lost.

Great thing about a monk is you can always Feign Death so you don't die as much as other classes. Of course you are not immune to dying but FD will get you out of a lot of situations.... beware casters...

Also the weight thing isn't really a big deal, I promote for all young monks to say 'f#ck the weight limit' and loot as much coin and FS as their little hearts desire. 50+ you should start concerning yourself about weight, before then its really not a big deal.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all the formalities out of the way, have you considered trying the pvp server?
How many bans you need to stop promoting Dead99 (Red server) bro?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back ! Join <Auld Lang Syne> for a genuine old-school game experience.
This. If you're going in fresh it's better to start with Auld.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Sarnak

it's really almost impossible to pull in dungeons without entering first person view, you cannot turn fast enough or accurately enough. so either don't play a pulling class, like the monk, or play a pulling class people mostly only expect to pull outdoors like rangers? where it might be reasonable to be in 3rd person view while pulling to spot pathing patterns?

if you absolutely can't enter first person view ever, I might recommend you play...uh ... maybe a druid or wizard who stays outside and plays alone.

another option might be to just not play fullscreen, if you play in a window that's 50-75% the size of your monitor first person view should no longer give you nausea and headaches, because it'll adjust the relative fov from your eyeballs.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did not have any problem playing the over the shoulder view for years when I played Everquest and did many many dungeons and was in a raiding guild. I don't want to play a pulling class. I usually play healers.

I have tried various methods but my issue is very severe. I tried the first person view in Sneed's while looking for the diseased rat and I had to stop playing in 5 minutes. I had a pounding headache after that. It's a terrible problem and I have suffered with motion sickness for years.

Some games after adjusting FOV I can manage them for 30 minute stretches but most not even 10 minutes. Deus Ex is especially bad and even though I desperately wanted to play it I was afraid I would do permanent damage as the pain was so severe and the vomiting after.

I am enjoying myself levelling dreadfully slow and I have actually switched over to the Shaman.

Anyway thank you all for all the suggestions and I will look at the guilds but I'm thinking of buying some gear off the EC tunnel when I get there with money I have earned which is not something so different from the old EQ days just some banded. I am not looking to twink myself just getting some basic gear is fine. So may be Auld would not be a good fit for me because if someone offered me a little better equipment I would not say no.

Well happy hunting all and I am sincerely happy with the people I have met so far.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

healers are always in demand, and can often play for 10hour straight without moving more than a few inches in 3rd person view. so yeah. sounds like you're settling in.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Kobold

Welcome Back!
Closed Thread