Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

probably already mentioned, only read the last few pages of this thread, but season 8 wont have a script released to the actors. lines fed through earpiece to thwart hackerman5000.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

I'm thinking a Pyrrhic victory with lots of heroes dead, but Jon eventually gets 1 on 1 with the Night King and kills him causing the army of the dead to crumble.

Dunno whats going to happen with Westros after since Jon's parentage being disclosed would put him in line over Dany to rule the Seven Kingdoms.

But then there is Cersei and her mercenary army. Though Jamie has abandoned her to ride with Jon ("Don't ever betray me again," Cersei had warned. Well, he did). Tyrian already with Dany. The Lannisters are divided. Maybe Varys shows this to the Iron Bank and has them call in her debt. And then of course, Arya might get to Cersei first.
Last edited by Raavak; 10-16-2017 at 10:35 AM..
Old 10-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't read ASOIAF, but I've been pondering Season 8 a lot more lately - the first snow of the season could have something to do with it.

Jaime only has one place to go, but it's obvious Dany is going to be extremely apprehensive about another Lannister joining the party - specifically, the Lannister that suicidally charged her and Drogon on horseback brandishing a spear in the Battle of the Goldroad. And, of course, Tyrion is going to have to stick up for him and convince Dany to take him on board. I can totally imagine that conversation. "He's not all bad. I'm alive because of him. He helped us set up the meeting with Cersei. Give him a chance!" Dany will be scowling the whole time. Tyrion will eventually convince her because, even though he's much smarter than Jaime, he simply doesn't possess the same military mind as made evident by his embarrassing defeat at Highgarden. Granted, Jaime isn't the wisest military commander in Westeros either - Cersei is clearly the brains of the two, but nevertheless Jaime will be in a unique position as the only person capable of understanding her brutal, underhanded style of warfare and therefore capable of counteracting her.

And, also of course, Jaime's prince charming will be coming along too - you know who I'm talking about. He definitely won't be happy about leaving King's Landing, his place of gainful employment, only to join the cockless brigade. And as we know, Bronn is the only living man to put even so much as a scratch on one of Dany's dragons, which heightens Dany & co.'s prospects for defeating zombie Viserion, assuming they can build a similar contraption or somehow hijack one of Cersei's. I suspect Dany will lose another dragon to Viserion and the White Walkers, but manage to burn the corpse before conversion and refuse to risk the life of her last which of course will be Drogon. This will raise the urgency of finding another means for defeating Viserion, which may in the end require the collaboration of a Drogon-mounted Dany, in conjunction with a well-aimed Dragonglass projectile courtesy of Ser Bronn. I wonder how many days of CGI rendering a shattering undead dragon in midflight would run them.

This would also open up some space to see a return of Bran's humanity, since he went all contemplative, emotionless Three Eyed Raven and everything. How will he react when he comes face to face with the man who crippled him from the waist down, seeing him allied with his team? How will he react when he taps into Cerebro and realizes it was him, or did that already happen?
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-27-2017 at 09:03 PM..
Old 10-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bronn is the only living man to put even so much as a scratch on one of Dany's dragons
Correction - this ignores when the Sons of the Harpy did some damage to an adolescent Drogon back in Season 5, but you get the point. It holds water for the fully grown dragons.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, Cersei wasn't going to agree anyway as we found out, so Jon wasn't wrong to profess his fealty in that situation. And you have to admit that sticking to his guns and going to Dragonstone ended up being the right call
yes, you and I know this now after the fact, but Jon did not. And Jon telling Cersei the truth was not some elaborate plan of his based on his gut instinct of what Cersei would do. no, Jon did what he did for the same reasons that caused Ned to make the wrong decision at almost every single crossroads; honor. And in this world, there's a very fine line between honorable and stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we get Jon Snow giving a speech then charging like Arargorn then the laziness of the writers would be confirmed. Last season had a lot of predictability, but it was also a buil-up/filler season. HBO does that with their super-series format tho'. Proly lots of deaths to come (Tyrion sill die proly 2/3 through the season) and Bronn better get his fucking castle.0
Honestly, I expect Tyrion to live and Bronn to die. Bronn isn't really needed for the future/epilogue, whereas Tyrion very well may be needed. I would not at all be shocked if Jon dies sacrificing himself to defeat the whitewalkers, while Dany dies in child birth (just like Dany's mother died birthing her, and just like Jon's mother died birthing him. You could also try to lump Tyrion in there as he killed his mom in child birth as well, but I don't that's relevant to this specific thing). That would leave J&D's child to be the king, with Tyrion serving as hand and regent until the child comes to age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know. I'm hoping for a Lord of Light script call back after the final sequence, Jon drops to the ground having served his purpose. Viewers discover he was never really alive, rather the Lord of Light was working through him.
I think we get the spring ending, but with only maybe 2 or 3 surviving characters. Really to make it a good ending, Jon needs to go back to being dead again and it needs to be done the right way.
D&D can't write those kind of scenes, nor can they pace a story correctly up to that kind of scene, so fuck season 8?
So, funny story, GRRM has actually commented on this in a way. He explained that the magics used to reanimate corpses is not entirely different between the white walkers and the red priests. GRRM uses Beric as the example (i'm assuming because Jon is still dead in the books), but he explains that Beric is for all argumentative purposes, a zombie. His heart doesn't beat, and blood is no longer actively pumped through his veins. On top of these physical changes, Beric notices that he looses a piece of himself each time he comes back to life as if the process was literally tearing mental and emotional layers off of him with each rezz, changing him a bit more each time. But at a bare minimum, we absolutely have both Ice and Fire zombies (in the book at least)

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 11-01-2017 at 10:28 AM..
Old 11-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Banned

I just keep crossing my fingers and waiting to hear that GRRM is releasing the last 2books at the same time. I have the feeling that I will be disappointed
Old 11-01-2017, 04:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just keep crossing my fingers and waiting to hear that GRRM is releasing the last 2books at the same time. I have the feeling that I will be disappointed
I mean.. you do realize that roughly 400 pages were removed from Dance of Dragons because his editor said the book was too long right? meaning the first 400 or so pages of Winds of Winter were already written back in 2011. and now he just released the story of Aegon's two sons (and since 2011, he's released "The Rogue Prince", "The Princess and the Queen", "The Entire Fucking World History of Ice and Fire", and a giant full sized map book. am i missing anything?). I'm pretty sure GRRM hates his readers, and that he's just fucking with us on purpose at this point.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 11-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Banned

books peaked at Storm of Swords

i couldn't stand a Feast for Crows
Old 11-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean.. you do realize that roughly 400 pages were removed from Dance of Dragons because his editor said the book was too long right? meaning the first 400 or so pages of Winds of Winter were already written back in 2011. and now he just released the story of Aegon's two sons (and since 2011, he's released "The Rogue Prince", "The Princess and the Queen", "The Entire Fucking World History of Ice and Fire", and a giant full sized map book. am i missing anything?). I'm pretty sure GRRM hates his readers, and that he's just fucking with us on purpose at this point.
Lol

That's pretty damning evidence