Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 09:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
During this era it wasn't an issue because the PvP servers were either item loot or hard coded teams. They also didn't have the issue with the server being stuck at Velious 4 years after launch with a very small population.

Trying to make everything classic with awful timelines, locked progression and a much smaller population is a huge fail. Someone that has some good insight on potential effects of certain server rules needs to make good judgement calls on some custom rules.

Unfortunately the few with good insight are rarely the same few with the means to code and create the servers. P99 has done a good job of keeping their judgement out of it and just trying to copy what was already done back in 1999. All the other servers where devs have made custom rules and content have been awful so who knows if that balance of classic and custom will ever be done correctly.
yeah, in that case they should just reset the Red server on a timer after velious has been unlocked. Maybe do a extra large XP modifier during the first month after the reset to encourage new players. I suppose this could upset all 30 of the Red regulars?

Personally I think they should do something similar for blue but you'd probably see blue go up to PoP before they reset.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Dean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server reset = not allowed
New server= not allowed
New content = not allowed

sorry you lost
I haven't seen any good proof this is true. I wouldn't be surprised if the GMs are lying when they say they will do stuff once the Velious timeline is completed but I also don't believe the restrictions from Daybreak are as harsh as you mention, if they exist at all.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

It's a volunteer staff working on their hobby. They don't have any deadlines. Their work schedule is "when I feel like it". (And we should thank them for working on it in their free time). So custom content will come in 2025, if ever.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Dean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New server= not allowed

sorry you lost

Server reset = Multiple GMs, Including the big 2 have said on multiple occasions that P99 is a server where your character does not get wiped... Unless you are some RMT scum, and even then I think they still exist... somewhere...

New server = When all content has run it's course (AND ONLY THEN) will the GMs talk about opening the next server ( a lot of this info is asked at least once per sirken stream tbh )
Possible new servers:
a- Discord server -- Perma-death (with maybe item loot??). This one is on the main burner compared to the rest that have been spitballed, but honestly if I wanted to play a dated griefing simulator, I'd install RUST (burn)
b- PvP Teams -- This seems a little more fun, but a good PvP server will eventually have a few teams, though making a race based / good/evil based distinction seems less balanced, less fun, and harder. to avoid Tl;Dr with the negatives, I'm just gonna cop out and say this will end up as red 2.0.
c- Green 99 -- The fact that the first 2 options that are brought up are PvP makes me cringe at the thought of the state of our current red server. This is the promised land of every EQ blue bird who missed 'The Good Ol' Days' and didnt RMT (yes, we know they dont catch all of you but that doesnt stop the players who have been here a while from knowing those of you who havent gotten caught yet). Let me just say before I get too far off topic with my salty nature -- This server will (allegedly) be after all content has been released and with the patches and updates to occur accurately within the timeline. Essentially all previous servers are beta testing ground for this new green 99.... someday. How this works - I dunno? but the talk is that eventually we will have a timeline that resets every 3 years or so.

New content = This can only come after all patches have been.... GDI I sound like a broken record, this is all a moot topic until chardok 2.0 released... But.... They talked about Project M as custom content, so either there arent fresh Ideas, or they want to flesh that one out, which could be good.

Alright back to bashing on AW or BDA or whatever.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kn34k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server reset = Multiple GMs, Including the big 2 have said on multiple occasions that P99 is a server where your character does not get wiped... Unless you are some RMT scum, and even then I think they still exist... somewhere...

New server = When all content has run it's course (AND ONLY THEN) will the GMs talk about opening the next server ( a lot of this info is asked at least once per sirken stream tbh )
Possible new servers:
a- Discord server -- Perma-death (with maybe item loot??). This one is on the main burner compared to the rest that have been spitballed, but honestly if I wanted to play a dated griefing simulator, I'd install RUST (burn)
b- PvP Teams -- This seems a little more fun, but a good PvP server will eventually have a few teams, though making a race based / good/evil based distinction seems less balanced, less fun, and harder. to avoid Tl;Dr with the negatives, I'm just gonna cop out and say this will end up as red 2.0.
c- Green 99 -- The fact that the first 2 options that are brought up are PvP makes me cringe at the thought of the state of our current red server. This is the promised land of every EQ blue bird who missed 'The Good Ol' Days' and didnt RMT (yes, we know they dont catch all of you but that doesnt stop the players who have been here a while from knowing those of you who havent gotten caught yet). Let me just say before I get too far off topic with my salty nature -- This server will (allegedly) be after all content has been released and with the patches and updates to occur accurately within the timeline. Essentially all previous servers are beta testing ground for this new green 99.... someday. How this works - I dunno? but the talk is that eventually we will have a timeline that resets every 3 years or so.

New content = This can only come after all patches have been.... GDI I sound like a broken record, this is all a moot topic until chardok 2.0 released... But.... They talked about Project M as custom content, so either there arent fresh Ideas, or they want to flesh that one out, which could be good.

Alright back to bashing on AW or BDA or whatever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_OQrs7pxo
Old 10-19-2017, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

This thread has evolved, way to keep it alive guys.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kn34k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but the talk is that eventually we will have a timeline that resets every 3 years or so.
Where are these talks going on at?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where are these talks going on at?
generally the "talks" are a random post made by some dev or gm in one of the many "new server" threads.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RZ and Zek mentality

It wasn't the players that adopted some amazing code that made a tough system manageable. The rules made dieing very harsh so players banded together out of fear. It was the server rules that made the community what it was. There is no penalty for death on Red99. People don't care if others get killed because it isn't a big deal. Guilds aren't looked at as PK or anti-PK because killing someone isn't bad on that server.
Yeah buddy. RZ tha best.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Server GM

Quote:
New server= not allowed

sorry you lost
Stop making accounts and spreading dumb rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Closed Thread