Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
worth doing must be highly subjective cause that sounds good to me, I don't recall how long it took but I seem to remember on my mage it took like 6-8min per run (with gate and jboots).

The bard diet as an example is 1 mob every 7min, which I think is a blue mob yea? Blues are 1-2.5% at most.

I'll report back later but I plan on doing 24-29 with this quest.
Yea that's why I said arguably [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I can charm kill 2 mobs for full exp (probably 4-5%) in less time than it takes to run that quest, so the exp gain from fighting is similar to if not better than running the quest, but fighting mobs is also more engaging for me than mindlessly running back and forth for hours on end. The bread quest is certainly an option though.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

As a druid at 22, I found the bread quest slower than charm killing, but faster than root rotting.
And hey, you make money in the process. It's not a bad deal, and is a nice find.

Going to milk it to 24 at leat for my new spells.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Kobold

2nd or 3rd approval for bandit sashes, did that on my ranger from 12-18 iirc
Old 12-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Great guide! I would include wisps as a transition between grizzlies and bandits. Tons of them spawn in Qeynos hills, and the quest rewards are great exp/plat.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

So I decided to level my necro doing the bread quest and I'm happy to report 16-24 went by fairly quickly. I began roughly 71% into Lv16 and I misplaced the data for that level but below is a screen grab of the google doc I updated as I was running back and forth.

151 turn-ins/quest runs were tallied, with I'd guess an extra 4-5 not recorded from Lv16 and an addition 4 runs to give myself a bit of a buffer after I hit 24. Each run took 5min (counting load times), so in total this took around 13.33 hours though spread out over a week.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Recorded my exp bar after each turn-in, and had some very basic formulas counting how many per level, a running total, difference in exp bar after each, and average % difference.

Spoilered here is a gif of one of the runs, to get a feel for what that joyous adventure was like just watch this 160 times.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great guide! I would include wisps as a transition between grizzlies and bandits. Tons of them spawn in Qeynos hills, and the quest rewards are great exp/plat.
If you're capable of killing wisps, never forget about wisp island in Erud's Crossing! By the time you're finished leveling there you will have bags on bags of greater lightstones. They can be turned in for the research aid quest in NK, or sold in the EC tunnel for slightly more PP. Just remember to always, always, ALWAYS make sure there are no other wisps around when you agro, and immediately pull to the shore to make sure you don't get ganged up on.

I'll also second the gnoll fang quest. I love the rabid grizzly quest, but he is a single fixed spawn, and it's not too uncommon to run up only to find someone already parked on the hill overlooking it. Same goes for rabid wolves to a lesser degree. There are only 2 spawns, and I've had it happen a couple of times where a local druid or ranger is using the tracking ability to snag 75% of the wolves before I can find them. It's times like these it's time to test your luck in Blackburrow.

You won't earn a lot of money doing this quest, but the experience is good. Early on it's not uncommon to turn in 2-3 stacks and find you leveled up 3-4 times just from turn-ins.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:57 AM
Aviak

Good stats, Tann. I'm casually doing this quest on an alt when I want a relaxing leveling experience. South Karana is so peaceful. North Karana is violent, though. So many Griffs trying to ruin my day.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're capable of killing wisps, never forget about wisp island in Erud's Crossing! By the time you're finished leveling there you will have bags on bags of greater lightstones. They can be turned in for the research aid quest in NK, or sold in the EC tunnel for slightly more PP. Just remember to always, always, ALWAYS make sure there are no other wisps around when you agro, and immediately pull to the shore to make sure you don't get ganged up on.

I'll also second the gnoll fang quest. I love the rabid grizzly quest, but he is a single fixed spawn, and it's not too uncommon to run up only to find someone already parked on the hill overlooking it. Same goes for rabid wolves to a lesser degree. There are only 2 spawns, and I've had it happen a couple of times where a local druid or ranger is using the tracking ability to snag 75% of the wolves before I can find them. It's times like these it's time to test your luck in Blackburrow.

You won't earn a lot of money doing this quest, but the experience is good. Early on it's not uncommon to turn in 2-3 stacks and find you leveled up 3-4 times just from turn-ins.
There are lots of rabid grizzlies and wolves next door in west karana now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Level 17 atm, was level 4 this time yesterday
Old 12-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Not sure if I +1ed this... but here +1!!!!

As someone who just did the South Karana Tanned Gnoll Hide quest (turn in is guy near Qeynos bank) repeatedly (~27-34) and still going. That would be my recommendation of things to add =)
Old 12-18-2016, 06:23 AM
Sarnak

Just want to add for anyone wanting to hunt the bears / wolves in Q Hills, there are 2 bears and two wolves. I think they have ph's, trying to figure it out now but def 2 of each.
Closed Thread