Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Even without the counters Slow is a substantial chunk of aggro. The ranger primary epic, Earthcaller, has a slow + 20hp/tick dot proc, is a notorious aggro magnet.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think Wavecrasher is worth the cost. The slow is negligible, and there are better aggro weapons out there that are much more affordable.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even without the counters Slow is a substantial chunk of aggro. The ranger primary epic, Earthcaller, has a slow + 20hp/tick dot proc, is a notorious aggro magnet.
A single proc from frostbringer peels aggro from Turgurs slow. FB has a better ratio and costs practically nothing by comparison (vs Wavecrasher).

It's just a mediocre aggro weapon (locked into your main hand) that procs a negligible slow. Solo you're better off using Truncheon. In a group you're better off using any number of weapons that cost much less and bring more threat/dps to the table.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

anyone try out poisoned whip from velks? It's supposed to add 5 poison counters on proc.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

It should be solid aggro over time but the ratio will make its proc-less aggro a liability at times.

WESS has only 4 counters but also blind and debuff.

FB should generate less aggro per proc but superior ratio and a *good enough* proc make it a favorite for me.

Last edited by Troxx; 10-12-2017 at 10:56 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Also, do you know how proc resist aggro works? How do the weapons compare when thier procs are resisted?
Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

AFAIK resists dont matter, aggro happens based on potential (misses = count as full dmg aggro, slows, nukes, etc)
Old 10-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Resists don't matter. For example, a willsapper still gives plenty of aggro if it is already slowed by a shaman.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wavecrasher is way overrated. 9/19 is not a great ratio. The proc is not exceptionally strong aggro and the slow is 30% less than truncheon of doom and lasts 1/3 the duration. Additionally it's mainhand only which means you lock yourself out of using it when you need to toss a better weapon in primary hand for more umph. The only saving grace is that it's a 1 handed so you can pair it with another proc weapon ... and it's tradable.

Definitely not worth the price. If I owned one I honestly doubt I'd use it.
Borrowed one from a friend in Sky the other night, definitely not worth what he paid for it. WESS is still better.

On the other hand as a main hand weapon, while you cannot completely forget ratio, speed is much more important, so 19 delay is well up there. Again, not worth what I see them selling for, but it probably parses out pretty well. Trying to get my hands on an Infestation, all things considered it should be best obtainable main hand aggro weapon without a VP or highest-end Velious Raid when you consider both Proc and DPS aggro. 9/18 with the occasional 750 or 900 aggro boost (I've heard both) should be pretty nice.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Infestation will be competitive with any raid dropped weapon (kunark or velious) for threat. At 60 infestation 9/18 eeks out over the 14/23 sword of the shissar from VP (also 3 poison counters). The benefit of velious raid weapons is limited to superior stats and a shift in the balance of where the aggro is coming from.

WESS: insane threat per proc, slower and worse ratio (mediocre melee threat)
Infestation: very strong proc, faster and better ratio (good melee threat)
Raid: I'd have to go back and double check but in general you are looking at nice stats, stellar ratio and mediocre to mildly good procs.

On paper, powerhouse procs will win by a large margin in the long run. In practice, we all know how fickle the RNG is and having very solid melee threat will yield consistently strong aggro.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the jump from infestation/WESS to raid/raid is probably not a global threat upgrade. Aggro generation is probably sidegrade to slight downgrade while threat consistency, dps, and stats are unilaterally upgrades.

I don't think the first true warrior optimized raid weapons really hit the scene until luclin.

Closed Thread