Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:25 PM
Large Rat

Default Qeynos Badge Quest #2 - Way too many undead spawned

I was doing the Qeynos Badge Quest #2 when the two NPCs spawned by the stone ring got an inordinate amount of summons (I'd say approximately 100, not even joking) and proceeded to decimate my pet, myself, and 1 of the 2 other players that responded to my OOC call for help. I attached a screenshot here, but many of the creatures are stacked in the same space; it may look like there are only about 12 or so, but there are far more!

The only thing I did that might have contributed to this was stand on the hill with the investigator for about 2 minutes while I summoned my pet, then buffed it and myself a bit before descending to engage the 2 NPCs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DeathTrap.jpg (91.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Back when me and Sorn did it the first time it was great amount of waves til you killed the brothers.

If you want an unlimited supply of mobs for PLing it's easy and no casters.

Working as intended as we did it before the current patch.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Developer

The 2 minute gap before combat is a concern so I will look into changing it so that the adds will only start to spawn when combat starts.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

The investigator talks a lot that is what you are waiting for before the mobs spawn when you attack they start spawning minions.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Developer

They spawn after Theodore disappears so if he was preparing after the despawn then the wraiths and minions would be adding up prematurely. Probably most people go right into battle and that's why it hasn't been reported.
Last edited by Telin; 07-18-2017 at 04:49 PM..
Old 07-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They spawn after Theodore disappears so if he was preparing after the despawn then the wraiths and minions would be adding up prematurely. Probably most people go right into battle and that's why it hasn't been reported.
Well when you first implemented the quest we did it twice first time we went for it. Second time we waited and things were a bit messier. But we asked the zone if they wanted free expand ppl came a running.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

What level were the undead that spawned?
Old 07-19-2017, 01:27 AM
Large Rat

They were green to me at Level 39 and 40.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

They are around 20

Old 07-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Developer

After looking at it last night, it looks like adds only spawn after the targets are engaged. They'll spawn more adds if you don't kill them quickly. They eventually made the quest easier but during our timeline I've read up to 80 adds had spawned. They'll eventually reset if not killed. So working as intended.