Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Large Rat

Default Vendors are or are not where they were back in 1999?

I was looking for some trade skill items so I search in the the old eq databases and found two vendors near Kelethin that are supposed to have what I am looking for. When I went to look for them the vendors are not found where they are supposed to be.

Is thisversion of EQ using or not using the vendors and items that were in eq back in 2001?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Developer

Could you be more specific?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 PM
Large Rat

There used to be a clockwork in akanon named "a clockwork miner" that had some tradeskill items, he was found in the same building as King Akanon, it is not there so I looked for Bedida Claygrinder that is supposed to be in Northern Felwithe and she is not there either. I raised a blacksmith back in 2001 and those were NPC's I used to visit and since now I started a toon here I thought I could give it a spin again but it seems they are not there anymore
Old 10-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

quoting from wiki https://wiki.project1999.com/Bedida_Claygrinder
Previously a smithing merchant in Northern Felwithe, removed on 18 Jan, 2014 patch.

so one of the people who run/make this server determined she was in fact not supposed to be there during this time in history. there are plenty of tradeskill vendors to use though, look them up on https://wiki.project1999.com it's 99.9999999% accurate. Whereas random kazam sites might be mixing up their time periods for luclin or whatnot. It's possible there is an error on p99 though, it's tough to track down proof about which vendors exist and which don't in which year of history, stuff like that has always been improved whenever possible throughout the history of the server though.

also note blue and green names are official server people, i'm just a random player.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:58 PM
Developer

Bedida:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...da#post1170892

Clockwork miner:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...er#post2004110
Last edited by Telin; 10-10-2017 at 12:03 AM..
Old 10-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takabron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There used to be a clockwork in akanon named "a clockwork miner" that had some tradeskill items, he was found in the same building as King Akanon, it is not there so I looked for Bedida Claygrinder that is supposed to be in Northern Felwithe and she is not there either. I raised a blacksmith back in 2001 and those were NPC's I used to visit and since now I started a toon here I thought I could give it a spin again but it seems they are not there anymore
There's no record of Bedida Claygrinder before 2002 on EQTC using the wayback machine. Same for a clockwork miner. That would be why they currently aren't in p99, most likely.

Here's a map from 2000 that shows locations of merchants in Ak'Anon: https://web.archive.org/web/20010107.../map-aknon.htm

You might've done blacksmithing in 2002 when they did a sort of mini-revamp of tradeskills and made everything easier.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takabron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ... found two vendors near Kelethin that are supposed to have ... [but] are not found where they are supposed to be.
First off, just so you know for the future there is a "Bugs" forum for this sort of post.

Second, as others have already mentioned, she was removed deliberately because she was believed to be "not classic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no record of Bedida Claygrinder before 2002 on EQTC using the wayback machine.
However, I found some evidence that she belongs on P99, a Google Web Cache from Aug 13, 2001 that references her: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...lnk&gl=us#sold

To reach it through Google:
  1. go to google.com
  2. click tools
  3. change "any time" to "custom range..."
  4. pick "2001" for the "to"
  5. search for "Bedida Claygrinder everquest",
  6. it's the only link; click on it
  7. don't click the tabs (they link to the non-cached site)
  8. instead, add "#sold" to the URL and hit enter
  9. (or just "view source" and search for Bedida)

Quote:
Bedida Claygrinder Felwithe 3 2 5 9
(that last bit is saying she charges 3p/2g/4s/9c for a Smithing Chisel).

Since that's a pre-Luclin cached page referencing her it seems like she can't have been added after the classic era, and thus should be restored.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:18 AM
Developer

That's just pulling the date the smithing chisel was added to the Magelo database. There are plenty of non-classic zone references on that page.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:21 AM
Large Rat

Here is a post from magelo for the smithing chisel posted back in 8/13/2001

Link:
https://eq.magelo.com/item/7052#sold
Old 10-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Large Rat

This Allakhazam quest also requires it and has a date of august 2001 which means someone had to discover it and finish it before that date which is months before Luclin release.
Last edited by Takabron; 10-10-2017 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: url
Closed Thread