Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:33 AM
Sarnak

Default is there an auction tracker that includes velious items?

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions seems to only include items pre-velious? making it suck? pls help. must be a new site?
Old 10-17-2017, 03:43 AM
Kobold

ahungry needs to include mq. I don't know how it pulls sale price? Anyone know
Old 10-17-2017, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

There is also p99tunnel.com

However, my understanding is that both the creators of ahungry and p99tunnel have quit playing on Project1999 and thus neither site has received any updates/improvements in some time
Old 10-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Banned

Schnickasaurus hired people to DDOS the websites via his in game cartel of fat cats
Old 10-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is also p99tunnel.com

However, my understanding is that both the creators of ahungry and p99tunnel have quit playing on Project1999 and thus neither site has received any updates/improvements in some time
This is correct. However the P99Tunnel dude was awesome enough to open source his work (https://github.com/eqdata), which means anyone can easily start their own tracker ... if they happen to know Scala.

But there are two fundamental problems as I see it. First, based on what I've seen anyone who has the energy to build cool EQ stuff also winds up taking long breaks from the game. Second, there's the problem of fake data from users who want to push the price of a particular item up/down. P99Tunnel tried to combat this by only allowing certain people to submit data, but if those people stop submitting data (or submit bad data) ...

Personally my dream is that someone out there would be willing to pay for an EC2 instance, set up EQ with a character in EC (created by a non-EQ playing friend to avoid 2-boxing), then make an auction tracker purely based on that character's logs. I think you could even automate the logging in of the character, since I think the rules only ban automation in-game (if I'm wrong you'd have to bribe your friend to re-login every so often). This would solve all of the above problems: the tracker would be 100% accurate and not manipulable, and even if its creator stopped playing it would keep working.

But, what I just described would require a mountain of effort, and since I really don't see any other way to truly solve the auction tracker issues that means we're pretty much stuck with the trackers we have now. Still, it could be worse: many of us can still remember a time before ahungry when the wiki was the only auction tracker.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

well on http://ahungry.com/eqauctions you get a full copy of the messages people are typing in EC, including the names speaking. so you can use your own judgement to decide who might be lying.

also the problem of quitting EQ doesn't matter anymore, all that mattered was these people quit before velious, but velious is out, and there will never be a new expansion, so if a similar website got setup now, and then the developer quit, it would be totally fine and still work?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

The only problem I see about these trackers for EC tunnel is that they are just tracking auction spam comments and have no way of really tracking an actual price paid for an item. So if one person says 400 and another says 500.. it might give you a slight range to consider but heck it doesn't mean either got what they were asking for they could have sold the item at 250 just to get rid of it. An item is only as valuable as someone is willing to pay for it... period. So from here good luck on you tunnel questing, I personally hate to stand around... I need to find me a good fence for all my ill gotten gains so I can go back to playing Murderhobo online as I think someone once called it. More and more I start to feel like I should just go an a wild spree of giving things away or doing player event but I know I don't have any of the super items that would make such a thing spectacular as those type of items would be likely on my toons in use to ear better things. Ya know I hear there are these things called guilds... maybe I should check around about that instead of just going around wiping out things. Then someone could record my highlights and lowlights just for the sake of providing the community with humor. I bet i could get a plat or 2 for that right?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

I play (rarely), I have added quite a few Velious items recently, but not all of them.

If you have any specific items you'd like to see, send me the item ID from Lucy/Allakhazam and I'll add it to the fetcher.

Also - Ahungry has been open source since ~2010, about 5 years before p99tunnel was a thought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (code used to be on my site, then moved to github).
Old 10-18-2017, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

You can use wiki to get a baseline idea of prices, most are fairly accurate. You can use Ahungry also. No auction tracker of past or present ever has truly been 100% accurate...

Essentially the only way you can have a grasp of items ingame worth is to use the tools above and to personally watch EC with your own eyes.

As most facets of the game, to "get good" at tunnelquesting it will take in-game experience and time to learn the prices which is what makes the market on p99 challenging and fun.

Personally I like the fact there is no absolute marketing price website that determines exactly what every item is "worth."
Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play (rarely), I have added quite a few Velious items recently, but not all of them.

If you have any specific items you'd like to see, send me the item ID from Lucy/Allakhazam and I'll add it to the fetcher.

Also - Ahungry has been open source since ~2010, about 5 years before p99tunnel was a thought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (code used to be on my site, then moved to github).
I don't actually care about the item, but the item I specifically couldn't find on your site was swiftclaw sash http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6610. Most of the good items I might like to see though are MQ items from kael arena or lodizal or some such. Is the item ID the number in the url? so swiftclaw sash would be 6610?
Closed Thread