Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

i came in at spot #2 for manastone and got both drops in about 5 hrs. ppl after me complained it took a day. i kinda dont believe them tho cuz ppl exaggerate

for guise i started at #3 at around 7pm, got all 3 including mine by about 5am the next morning

now that those are done i have no reason to log in until td pots. cherish the grind. hope this helps
Old 12-28-2019, 06:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are just 3 posts of your last 10. Me thinks you've got some issues of your own, son. And caps lock was only cruise control for cool back in 99.
Lol, thanks for reading my post history to try claw something together.

3/10 for effort.

Dont forget to alt tab back to tap your toon foward so you dont go afk as your eyes are bleating after the 30th hour straight of standing in line for a pixel camp on a 20 year old emulated server as a 35 year old white male.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomorphic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying that in 10000 coin fips the expected value of the number of times you get heads 10 times in a row is 10 but in EQ you will see 50? If so I have a few questions, are you only considering heads or does 10 tails count as one of these streaks. If we get 11 heads in a row does that count as 2 streaks of 10, counting 1-10 and 2-11. What is the variance of this expected value? How are you determining the expected value of this event in the first place?
I called it a rough example for a reason. You did goad me into using Google for 8 seconds to find the thread i mentioned earlier, though:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=341531
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-28-2019 at 09:10 AM..
Old 12-28-2019, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

The lack of empathy for fellow humans here is truly astounding.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lack of empathy for fellow humans here is truly astounding.
Lack of empathy? They’re choosing to camp it, no one is forcing them to. I don’t know why this point has to be brought up repeatedly. We even know the drop tables are “unclassic,” so people knowingly are in for between 30-50hr real-world waits. At what point are we supposed to be empathetic?
Old 12-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lack of empathy? They’re choosing to camp it, no one is forcing them to. I don’t know why this point has to be brought up repeatedly. We even know the drop tables are “unclassic,” so people knowingly are in for between 30-50hr real-world waits. At what point are we supposed to be empathetic?
Addiction is a mental illness. Stop looking at this like it's just a game. It's a digital nostalgia fix for all of us.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:03 PM
Banned

Just looted a guise on a pvp server after training and killing the group that was there. Best part was I said they should of /listed felt good.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, thanks for reading my post history to try claw something together.

3/10 for effort.

Dont forget to alt tab back to tap your toon foward so you dont go afk as your eyes are bleating after the 30th hour straight of standing in line for a pixel camp on a 20 year old emulated server as a 35 year old white male.
Read your last 10 posts if you want to actually know what low effort is.

IRONY.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:08 PM
Banned

Good shit tecmos. I’ve played this game a very long time and I’ve seen enough to make me firmly believe the algorithms aren’t as straight forward as most people think. And I think that’s wild too that we are still figuring this out.

I’ve just seen way too many cases of strange streaks. The first few times you can make the argument that it’s just random it works out this way but over time you just see these low probable streaks pop up more and more in a way that makes you think. I could tell some stories too. Like 3 rounds of crypt producing 3 torpors. Or 3 sebilite protectors in a row dropping torp and then 4 out of 5 and then don’t see it again for months.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:00 PM
Kobold

I put on my robe and tin foil hat.