Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 05:08 AM
Fire Giant

Default Tale of a Bow and a Gnome

Just a simple tale of Green Adventure! (Higher resolution pictures at the bottom in an Album)

I was one day, a very rainy day in the Southern reaches of the Karana Plains, slowly pondering about the darkness of Bertoxxulous and how Disease is the key to renewal and rebirth, when suddenly I spot a mighty Centaur!

My eyes widen in surprise at seeing Coloth Meadowgreen, sporting a powerful bow, full of runes and galloping close to my meditation spot.

The rain was strong, the day overcast and I have to let everyone know this wonderful sight of raw power and prowess, as centaurs go, Coloth was big and powerful looking.

I proceed to let others in the vicinity know that this entity was near us, so awed by its sheer size and obvious strength.

Then out of the blue ... the Gnome Pockete shows up , trying to recruit everybody to bring this being down!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My curiosity is piqued, I know that the rotting carcass of Coloth would be a proper offering to my deity and decide to team with this strange little gnome.

So we begin to recruit allies and mercenaries and after several hours in the Karana Plains, we manage to gather a strange mix of people , some of them magical , others strong in knowledge, others in skill .

We then decide to see how best to ambush this powerful Centaur and see if it would be possible to defeat it ...

It seems Pockete had some strange tricks under her sleeve and she produced a strange magical potion and perhaps other things I was not able to fathom.

We waited for a day and a half, trailing this beast through the expanse of the plains and when it went to drink water near the river, we sprung our trap!

A fierce battle ensued! Shouts, cries of pain, feats of ability and magic I had never before seen were unleashed ... even my servant and tortured enslaved soul was able to bring its power to bear against this magnificent monster!

Some of the group members cast magics unknown to me that eviscerated its flesh and tore away huge chunks of flesh, even some of my own spells, though having no effect at first, landed eventually on its mangled body, damaging with the magics of rot granted upon me by Bertfoxxulous its now withering flesh, with toxic aplomb and maggoty purulence !

My enslaved thrall showed its usefulness as well, for it was able to pummel the beasts body with its talons made of solid bone breaking some bones with audible cracks.

Blood and gore and even elemental servants were conjured to fight this mighty beast! Magic flowing freely , the veil of reality tore asunder and I was dazed and drunk on how on my short existence such power could be pooled into this unlucky monster.

And in the end, after hours of battle, it fell! No match for all of our combined might!

I prayed silently and covertly to my lord Bertoxxulous and smeared some of the fallen Centaurs blood and entrails on the ground consecrating it in his name.

Then Pockete found a marvellous treasure, the strange Runed Bow I saw before, lying on the ground before the carcass, still bloodied and hot after discharging its nature based magics against us and our minions, a powerful weapon but that helped the monster not much.

So a consensus was reached, Pockete , the strange and curious gnome, was freely awarded the spoils.

I had no need of it, neither the others in our group.

So that is the short tale of how this gnome got a magical bow and I had a chance to consecrate yet another patch of bloody ground in the world to Bertoxxulous.

All was well for that day.

Many other adventures were had by Pockete and me, as she showed me the secrets of Giant Slaying and many other things, but those tales are for another day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you for reading.

A big hug to everybody! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Higher Resolution Pictures> https://imgur.com/a/ib88SGS
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 11-25-2019 at 05:38 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 05:23 AM
Kobold

Thanks. Something positive on these boards!

A treat.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Nice haha. Solid bow to boot!
Old 11-25-2019, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

It was a mighty battle! And close too! I kept thinking Sir Abhays air beast was going to die.... but lady Naala kept it alive enough as your skeleton kept bashing and Lady Rethnull did some pretty good magics too.

The centaur was bigger than all of us.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks all indeed! So much fun in Green lately!

Thank you all for the wonderful adventures and tales!
[center]
Old 11-25-2019, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

I initially doubted such a ragtag band could defeat the mighty Meadowgreen, but the ingenuity of the Gnomes defies prediction, as does the charisma of Pockete.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I initially doubted such a ragtag band could defeat the mighty Meadowgreen, but the ingenuity of the Gnomes defies prediction, as does the charisma of Pockete.
[center]
Closed Thread