Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 11:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Bilge

Anyone have some up to date information on how to spawn him? Found an old post showing 4 spawn points but then the patch that said they increased his spawn points and decreased his phers. Should I just run around dagnors murdering every goblin?
Old 01-26-2020, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

So, the problem with this community is this:

Anyone that actually knows is never going to tell you. You'll generally get nothing, and at best you'll get vague information that you won't very particularly useful. People want to keep information closely guarded so they can limit the number of items entering the market and keep prices jacked up. The same happened on Blue.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Bottom line -- its a crap shoot. Its very random. nilbog said years ago that they adjusted his spawn to be like that of the south ro AC -- it is a random spawn off of a set of unknown PHs (like the AC). Nobody knows what the PHs are because all mobs in cauldron are 2.5 min except presumably his placeholders. If you do nothing but sit in the zone, he will eventually pop due to fab 4 killing his placeholders, but you can also force him to spawn by massacring the mobs in hopes of killing a placeholder yourself (again - no gaurantee you can do this)

One thing that I have all but confirmed in my dozen or so kills of him since green launch is that he always spawns at nighttime and will stay alive until death. I've only ever witnessed him pop during the hours of 6PM to 6AM. Usually Midnight to 4am personally except the one time I saw him pop just at dusk. Again -- could be nothing but I do feel quite confident he is a night time spawn or at least a "time window" spawn that was coded that way, much like the SRO AC is a night time spawn.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

why not sit with track and time the spawns? see which one does not match up with the zone spawn timer, and try them.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he always spawns at nighttime and will stay alive until death.
Good luck.
...most things usually do stay alive until death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2020, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Figuring out his spawn pattern would probably take hours and hours of autistic killing and note taking, I sure as hell wouldn’t give up the info for free if I collected it.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...most things usually do stay alive until death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some nighttime spawns depop when day breaks is what he is referring to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you check the ZAM page on Bilge you will see he actually had a depop mechanic in classic (as a lot of rare spawns / placeholders did). Would reach some corner of the zone and just poof.

Imagine how rough that would be.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Figuring out his spawn pattern would probably take hours and hours of autistic killing and note taking, I sure as hell wouldn’t give up the info for free if I collected it.
Nobody has figured it out yet. The person that has it on lockdown the most is just a simple ranger that sits on the island and waits for the pop. (Simple as in strategy, not simple mind)

Which works much better.

It's pretty clear there is also a "cooldown" period as well, as the reported fastest time between pops that I've seen is back to back night times. Which would be about an hour apart.

If it was simply any mob was a ph (2.5 min repop) he would pop all the damn time. I've sat in the zone 6 hours before with no luck and also seen him twice in 3 hrs before. Total crap shoot. I'd love to see the code on his spawn some day if P99 ever dies or gets decommissioned. I hope that never happens but I'd be pretty interested!
Old 01-27-2020, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

All of the outdoor rares on p99 spawn WAY too frequently frankly.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the outdoor rares on p99 spawn WAY too frequently frankly.
And the indoor ones spawn too infrequently (see Manastone). It's like the devs are trying to tell us to go play outside [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread