Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

For what it's worth, I was a cleric during Velious and did all of the raids, and Klandi almost never feared me if I had a bard in group when I was lvl 60, even though I didn't wear much resist gear
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Yes, the cap was 255 on resists then too I might add. Nobody had 400+ resists like we do with a bard. The groups resisting stuff consistently in these videos didn't have over 255 resists.

Resist system borked.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

That's exactly how we ran things in the Wrecker's guild on Tholuxe Paells. We had 3 bards (I was one) which we placed in the a group with tanks, healers and top DPS (monks/rogues). When I watched the videos it appears the tank groups aren't getting feared. Levels made a big difference in resists during that time period and in my guild getting level 60 > any resist gear you could equip.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 07-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned

Basically entire raid gets feared unlike how it is here now with everyone resisting every fear haha basically

(I remember listening to the same story when Trakanon got fixed)

Hopefully Lady Nev and Aaryonar aoe lands every time
Last edited by Nirgon; 07-04-2014 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically entire raid gets feared unlike how it is here now with everyone resisting every fear haha basically

Whirl til you hurl was almost unresistable. Even playing live on Vulak it would hit a majority of the raid even with bard boxes in the groups.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 07-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Um, did you even try Klandicar on beta? The fear is pretty much only resistable like 5-10% of the time with 400+ MR. Those videos, as well as classic accounts, show that the fear is resistable, reliably so, and this is with resist caps of 255.

Every single classic discussion thread of Kland barely mentions the fear - they mainly focus on healing the AE and the importance of debuffing him. Those two things (healing the AE and the debuffs) are quite clearly the most notable things about the fight. If everyone was getting feared (warriors/clerics) 90-95% of the time, you think they would have talked about that non-stop. They don't, and the videos quite clearly show that 2-3 groups of people, with a max MR of 255 (not 500), aren't getting feared.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Nirgon please go see the posts I make in this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=156630

Especially the last two with videos of lvl 60s in velious gear fighting Kland / Zland, zland especially.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

We just did Kland last night, tried somewhere in the arena of 100-150 slows on her while aggro kiting, not a single one landed. This is with Puretone Occlusion, Tashanian, and Malo.

Seems to me they left the kunark MR immunity on dragons in for velious dragons as well, this is incorrect as well, Velious dragons lacked the kunark MR immunity because they were able to change the 32k hp limit in velious, so the Immunity was no longer necessary.

Also at 481 MR on my 60 iksar monk i resisted fear 0 times out of approximately 11, Sounds like some major work still needs to be done.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Banned

Side note: Fear like root and charm should do checks for breaking early too

The 256+ stuff needs to go somehow also
Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We just did Kland last night, tried somewhere in the arena of 100-150 slows on her while aggro kiting, not a single one landed. This is with Puretone Occlusion, Tashanian, and Malo.

Seems to me they left the kunark MR immunity on dragons in for velious dragons as well, this is incorrect as well, Velious dragons lacked the kunark MR immunity because they were able to change the 32k hp limit in velious, so the Immunity was no longer necessary.

Also at 481 MR on my 60 iksar monk i resisted fear 0 times out of approximately 11, Sounds like some major work still needs to be done.
Note that Klandi may be flagged as a belly caster here (which is wrong I believe). When we were testing with wiz fire lure (-300 FR), it would only land when the wizard was directly under Klandi.
Closed Thread