Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Default Sontalak

Target: Sontalak

Sontalak like most of the other raid mobs seems to be a little low on his DPS output, I did notice with Sontalak tho that he is currently not procing his 702 dd on the MT, couple post's below on sont procing a DD on the MT.

Quote:
He also has a couple AE dispell procs, and a nasty DD one.
Sont is a kill him before he kills you fight basically. We had a bit of a time learning him. We kill him every time now by just going max offensive as soon as MT has a bit of aggro. All melee offensive discs, casters (including shamans and druids) nuke. His procs are totally random too so if he procs that DD on the MT 5 times in a row you might lose even if its all perfectly done otherwise.
Quote:
Posted @ Mon, Aug 12th 5:10 PM 2002 Score: Decent[2.92]
melee is pretty weak, but flurries (hit me under 300)
procs 702 dd when he hits you...and procs a LOT
Old 11-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Shouldn't be MR immune until Luclin. (Edit: it's currently not "MR immune" but the MR is too high to land slow. Slow and other 0 mod MR spells should land)

Quote:
pretty sure he's not slowable anymore, used to be but after shaman slow got disease counters (so sont couldn't dispel it) they changed him.
Hitbox is too small.
Last edited by Byrjun; 11-21-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 11-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hitbox is too small.

http://youtu.be/9opZFThy95w

Melees are hitting him in the video from about 3x further than they can on p99.

Sontalak currently has Draco hitbox
Old 12-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Found Sontalaks missing proc Char: Decrease Hitpoints by 660 (L52) to 702 (L57)
Old 12-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Project Manager

Looks like he is currently set to proc Molten Breath at 5% chance. Need more discussion on this.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Kobold

According to http://web.archive.org/web/200406061....shtml?id=6466 at the bottom of the page,
people mention him having the proc molten breath as well as the char proc 702dd. He absolutely destroyed tanks on live and it was a quick fight to see if the raid did enough dps. The way he is now the tank doesn't take much damage at all
Old 12-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like he is currently set to proc Molten Breath at 5% chance. Need more discussion on this.
Any word on increasing hitbox? This is significant because of the targeted AE... the tiny hitbox changes the dynamic of the fight.

Also with Sontalak being slowable, I forgot to link the source of the quote I posted above.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...talak-strategy

Quote:
pretty sure he's not slowable anymore, used to be but after shaman slow got disease counters (so sont couldn't dispel it) they changed him. As for hiding from the ae, not really only way is to stay out of range until you are ready to do damage, WW being an outdoor zone means all that lovely terrain won't hide you for jack from his ae.
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10935

Quote:
A thing that might help is that he is slowable. However, he often dispells himself so you need to recast slow often, however, that might be enough change in damage to make him end up dying
Quote:
So when the main tank is right under sont's nuts, it dispells sontalak also. malo, tash, slow, whatever ;p
Some interesting stuff from 2003:

http://nyxxsopenraids.yuku.com/topic...ak-Observation

Quote:
Sontalak seemed to stop casting his AE whenever he was slowed or dotted. I'm assuming he was instead curing himself. If this is the case, a good strategy might be to dot the hell out of him and stop his AE altogether.
Quote:
He cures more than just slow. When I hit him with Blood of Saryrn(65 Poison DoT), the AE seemed to stop for 2 or 3 ticks, because he had to cast his cure 2 or 3 times to get rid of it. If Druids, Shaman, Necro all stacked dots on him, we might be able to stop his AE altogether. My only concern is that it might have been lag that made me think he wasn't casting AE while dotted.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

June 5th 2002:

Quote:
This dragon has been upgraded and is rediculously hard to take down. Most guilds on Povar dont even attempt him because of his 'risk verses reward' loot drops (ae. Triton, Rising Ascension, Inverse Logic, etc.) He is now unslowable, fire based aoe 650dd with a dispel of 2 slots - with this who cares what his melee is at this point, something like 750 max melee. Agro control on MT is nearly impossible.
March 27th 2002:

Quote:
He's not slowable now. Verant decided he was too easy since he wasnt dispelling slow anymore and made him immune.
This refers to the patch that added disease counters to slow spells. Slow couldn't be dispelled anymore by Sontalak's self-dispel, so they made him MR immune. Later they added Cure Disease to his self-dispel and made him slowable again.

Quote:
To add to that, he also dispells an insane amount. I was dispelled about 20 times throught the battle. He's harder than any of the NToV dragons now. *shivver*
Reply to the above quote, showing that he was changed around this period. Beholder Dispel frequency increased?

July 15th 2001:

Quote:
Slow does land on him, but he will dispell it. tricky little guy. really have to just zergling him and hope for low proc rate, -dex poison work too.
July 7th 2001:

Quote:
Hiya, just wanted to let you know that as of the last patch, you can no longer invis past him... i went by him before with invis and he was scowling, but not since patch.
Claims that he would "scowl" but not aggro with invis, but was changed to correctly see invis.

June 28th 2001:

Quote:
i being KOS to claws of veeshan faction noticed him scowling at me through my invis.. yet being the determined nome that i am i decided it was worth giving a shot at running underneath him to get to ToV entrance... i asked for a /good luck from guild and was on my way, i ran right underneath the silly beast and it never once even looked at me.... i even had time to dance with him once i got to the other side...
Also claiming he would scowl through invis but wouldn't aggro.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Kobold

Here is another post on Sontalak mentioning a proc DD, Sontalak in his current form on beta is a weak version of the badass he should be.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2002, 03:00 PM #10
Splaktar

Splaktar
Send a message via ICQ to Splaktar Send a message via AIM to Splaktar
The way we do it is similar to the DL style above. We don't really do any debuffing. The main tank needs to have 3-4 instant click buffs up and in first slots. Sont's melee is quite weak, but his procs for 700 DD and constant dispells can hurt. Just have all the clerics, druids, and shaman chain heal the MT with their best heals (DL type). MT gets aggro, melee move in and disc right away more or less. Melee should all have 1-2 instant click buffs on and we never heal anyone but the M
Old 12-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

Killed Sontalak tonight. Some notes about concerns in this thread.

-His Hitbox seems fixed it is huge now.

-His Molten breath went off quite a bit resisted most of them pretty consistently. A few partials and one max hit me.

-He isn't slowable period right now. Needs to be flagged slowable.

-I don't recall a 700 DD on Sontalak. His AE is a proc for 650 max. Which seems to be working properly.Went off twice in 4 seconds during the kill at least once.

[Tue Dec 02 21:54:28 2014] Your body combusts as the lava hits you. You have taken 650 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 02 21:54:32 2014] You resist the Molten Breath spell!

I think they were calling his AE a DD for some reason.
Closed Thread