Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only issue i can see with our dkp system is it prevents you from dragging your alts along for free rot loots. as someone with a shit ton of alts, im ok with this, if i want gear for them i can bid min on rots for them
So the guy who has a spare 35 DKP can gear his alts in raid loot while the 20%er saving up for the one thing he really wants (and will still probably be out bid) gets nothing? Sounds like a very fair system. I see no problems with it whatsoever...
Old 12-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the guy who has a spare 35 DKP can gear his alts in raid loot while the 20%er saving up for the one thing he really wants (and will still probably be out bid) gets nothing? Sounds like a very fair system. I see no problems with it whatsoever...
As a 100%er, the only thing I want a 20%er to get is kicked from my raid. Rather have a 70%+ box in that slot.
Rxtx - 60 Necromancer | Pushn - 51 Monk
Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

that's how you separate a casual guild from a hardcore one
Old 12-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a 100%er, the only thing I want a 20%er to get is kicked from my raid. Rather have a 70%+ box in that slot.
Sounds like you should make it clear you expect 70% raid attendance up front and kick anyone who doesn't make the first three raids of their app period and save everyone the time.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Banned

You can't base your guild around catering to the 20% raiders if u want to be successful. Not the end of the world if the 20% attendance raider doesn't get first priority on pixels. In fact I'd say most people wouldn't want them to. Except maybe the 20% raider themselves.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Aviak

OGC has some real spergs in it. Made me uncomfortable that 40 year old men yell at people over Everquest.

Cringe
Old 12-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Aviak

Except trollfuck I like that guy
Old 12-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OGC has some real spergs in it. Made me uncomfortable that 40 year old men yell at people over Everquest.

Cringe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except trollfuck I like that guy
LOL where'd u hear that? We do have some occasional anger issues in mumble that's true.

Like u too bb
Old 12-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't base your guild around catering to the 20% raiders if u want to be successful. Not the end of the world if the 20% attendance raider doesn't get first priority on pixels. In fact I'd say most people wouldn't want them to. Except maybe the 20% raider themselves.
I didn't say base it around the 20%ers, but the warm bodies count for something. You're not splitting raids because you have 100 people with 70%+ raid attendance. Letting shit rot that people spent hours of their time working for is just absurd. If nobody wants to pay the minimum DKP to buy it, at least put it up for /random.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say base it around the 20%ers, but the warm bodies count for something. You're not splitting raids because you have 100 people with 70%+ raid attendance. Letting shit rot that people spent hours of their time working for is just absurd. If nobody wants to pay the minimum DKP to buy it, at least put it up for /random.
Even 20%'ers can afford 35 dkp. Letting rot loot go for 1 dkp or free /random causes problems to arise. Namely people will make behind the curtain agreements to not bid against eachother in the interest of getting items for free. Say a Bard only item drops and all the bards talk to eachother and agree not to bid then it goes to /random and they can just get it for free. This kind of thing happens all the time and lots of classes already work together to avoid bidding eachother up and make agreements ahead of time on who will get what for cheap.

It sucks when loot gets destroyed but I understand why it does and given the alternatives (Cuck council/RNG rolls) I'd say DKP is a pretty damn solid tried and true loot distribution system. If you want to argue you should be able to buy items for 1 dkp and just have a decay system to prevent too much inflation. I'd be open to having that discussion cause I think there might be some merit to that. But you can't win em all. I think OGC is pretty fair.
Closed Thread