Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely wrong. The people who show up to raids frequently, play their class well, and help others with CR and epic fights and such are the best members of your guild.

The reason JCR and others keep poking at BDA in this thread is the thermonuclear level of hypocrisy displayed by everyone involved. BDA members somehow believe that they are part of the most skilled guild ever, despite being ineffective on P99 and slower than top guilds on Phinny. BDA members somehow believe they are part of the nicest guild ever, despite blowing up the rotation on P99 and training/KSing everyone on Phinny. BDA members somehow believe that they are all bros and everyone else is is a bunch of soulless pixel fiends who never chat about anything.

And to make this happen they have to shit on anyone who leaves the guild and speaks the truth. I've talked to multiple ex-BDA and many of them describe it like leaving a cult.
Great post, quoting so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You made his point though Troll. You ditched the guild and started flinging the moment you did. Obviously a good thing he didnt move you into the corner office, dont ya think?

Anyway, if you think youve changed anyones mind or made Norrath a better place in these 600 pages, your 700 posts in this thread alone, or with your actions in game, than who am I to stop you?
I was 100% in BDA's corner for the longest time and I made (imo) a pretty strong effort to help the guild as much as I could without being an officer. However eventually even the best dog will bite if you mistreat it badly enough/long enough. I may or may not have made any difference with my posts here. I couldn't care less really. I'm not really here to "make a difference" or try to win any internet points. I post in the rants and flames forum for the purpose of ranting and flaming. Weird concept I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely wrong. The people who show up to raids frequently, play their class well, and help others with CR and epic fights and such are the best members of your guild.

The reason JCR and others keep poking at BDA in this thread is the thermonuclear level of hypocrisy displayed by everyone involved. BDA members somehow believe that they are part of the most skilled guild ever, despite being ineffective on P99 and slower than top guilds on Phinny. BDA members somehow believe they are part of the nicest guild ever, despite blowing up the rotation on P99 and training/KSing everyone on Phinny. BDA members somehow believe that they are all bros and everyone else is is a bunch of soulless pixel fiends who never chat about anything.

And to make this happen they have to shit on anyone who leaves the guild and speaks the truth. I've talked to multiple ex-BDA and many of them describe it like leaving a cult.
This is a very accurate post pal. I have some personal experience in my life with a pretty strict (almost cult-like) religion that I was unfortunately raised in early on in my life. Leaving BDA left me with some odd deja vu feelings from when I gave up on religion and left my "cult". Everyone that used to be your friend and thought highly of you instantly turns on you as the evil apostate. Everyone in the cult thinks they're better than everyone else despite CLEAR evidence to the contrary. Never really thought about it til I saw this post but it's really strange how similar it is. Come to think of it I remember clear as day hearing people in church talking about how other churches work and talking about what they think Atheists believe or what they act like and I asked one of them if they had ever visited other churches or talked to atheists and they totally blew off the question. In my old church everyone was taught that all other churches and especially atheists were literally satan trying to play tricks on you and you're to avoid talking to them or hearing their side of the story at all costs hence you be tricked and not get into paradise. I get the feeling those speakers at my church knew about as much about atheists as Chest knows about hardcore raiding guilds.

Fuck.. This shit is weird as hell the more I think about it...
Old 12-17-2016, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

I dont think we have the same thing in mind Raev. Chest mentioned not seeing behind the curtain which i assumed was guild duties. Troll argued he had high play time. I meant high play time does not equal increased responsibility to the guild.

Honestly couldnt care less about raiding. But saying you make the guild operate v function are two different things.

And really there are great people in BDA that you offend by generalizing. Not all rustle are iksar, but we live with them.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think we have the same thing in mind Raev. Chest mentioned not seeing behind the curtain which i assumed was guild duties. Troll argued he had high play time. I meant high play time does not equal increased responsibility to the guild.

Honestly couldnt care less about raiding. But saying you make the guild operate v function are two different things.

And really there are great people in BDA that you offend by generalizing. Not all rustle are iksar, but we live with them.
I never claimed that I made the guild operate or function. I was simply pointing out how ludicrous Chest's statement of me being a "bystander" that "Played a shaman for a while and got some loot then left" is. If all I was is "a bystander that played a shaman for a while" then in Chest's mind everyone that isn't an officer is no different. I did about as much for the guild as could be done from a non-officer position. I guess that explains a lot about BDA's leadership issues if the GM views all members as bystanders huh?

You do make a good point Vetus about offending good people in BDA by generalizing. There are a handful of BDA people that I still consider friends and still keep in contact with actually. They know I'm not talking about them. Just to be clear though 99% of my issues with BDA are Chest/Officer related. If you're a regular ole BDA member chances are I really don't have much issue with you and I'm sorry if you're offended but I'm not gonna stop calling it like I see it. I hope for your own sake that you're able to break free from the cult eventually. I promise the grass really is greener on the other side.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great post, quoting so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
Good work, quoting this post so burkemis work doesn't go unnoticed
Old 12-17-2016, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm
I don't think BDA is full of terrible people. If Chest suddenly said 'hey, we're a tight group of pals who like to drink beer and talk sportsball while picking up a few pixels in the evening after a long day of gainful employment. We're not the fastest or the most organized, but we get things done. We look out for our pals first but occasionally we try to do the right thing' I would have zero problems with the guild.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

they were cancer here and they are aids along with EoE on phinigel. Except when they train on phinigel and get away with it.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

BDA is cult like? Ok.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:13 PM
Kobold

I am free of the cult, AMA
Old 12-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am free of the cult, AMA
How did you manage to free yourself from my clutches?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread