Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you do that tagged or untagged?
I was on a tagged DaP druid I have access to (although not actually my character). Also, to be fair, it wasn't during US prime time. I'd imagine more could be made earlier in the day during EU or US prime time. Was still pretty blown away at how poor a lot of people's port etiquette was. When I use DaP on my characters I don't even send a tell until I'm already at the rings.

I also wasn't advertising, just took ports from people who sent me tells directly - although I'm not sure how many more ports I really could have done with all the waiting and running around I did. I'm sure I could have made more under the right circumstances, but getting 15-20pp for a port when I end up waiting at the rings for 5+ mins it pretty lame. I'm glad there are people willing to do it because I use DaP pretty often, I just think there are much easier ways to make more plat quickly with how low average tips seem to be.

If all the ports were just quick pick ups and drop offs, it wouldn't be as bad, just seemed like a lot involved waiting or people asking me to run aroud for them, and not factoring that additional time into their tip.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Banned

nothin like porting a group of fuckin Canadians u no
Old 08-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on a tagged DaP druid I have access to (although not actually my character). Also, to be fair, it wasn't during US prime time. I'd imagine more could be made earlier in the day during EU or US prime time. Was still pretty blown away at how poor a lot of people's port etiquette was. When I use DaP on my characters I don't even send a tell until I'm already at the rings.

I also wasn't advertising, just took ports from people who sent me tells directly - although I'm not sure how many more ports I really could have done with all the waiting and running around I did. I'm sure I could have made more under the right circumstances, but getting 15-20pp for a port when I end up waiting at the rings for 5+ mins it pretty lame. I'm glad there are people willing to do it because I use DaP pretty often, I just think there are much easier ways to make more plat quickly with how low average tips seem to be.

If all the ports were just quick pick ups and drop offs, it wouldn't be as bad, just seemed like a lot involved waiting or people asking me to run aroud for them, and not factoring that additional time into their tip.
Yeah you work around those people that preset their ports. I actually like a heads up so I can juggle 5-8 ports at once. Peak you can clear 800-1k if your good 1k-1.2k an hour. It really just depends how much you want to put into it.

off hours 3-500.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread