Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool, now my casual raid guild cant do harder targets or need more monks to do it when usually we only have 1 monk on during our raids. Thanks p99! Why was getting rid of sneak FD pulling even a thought? So now more casual players have to suffer for what exactly?
Recruit some shadowknights then.

Disease Cloud and Deaths Peace makes them excellent pullers.

These changes were made because classic mechanics.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recruit some shadowknights then.

Disease Cloud and Deaths Peace makes them excellent pullers.

These changes were made because classic mechanics.
meh im sure we'll figure it out but the fact of the matter is we dont have full attendance everytime and we always made it work with what we had.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Some classes hit for less. And instead of caps at just 10 and 20, there are now ones at 10, 20, 30. & 40.
Hasn't there always been caps at 30 here?
Old 02-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

I played a monk sometimes in 2000-2001 and sneak never did jack. You p99 babies are just spoiled and I'm glad things are more classic.

A troll shaman should never have been hitting for 90 damage at level 26, because even in p99 there was a damage cap at 30.

I don't remember one existing at level 40, but I trust haynar. I would like to know though, what is the new damage cap at level 30-39? Can anyone comment/tell yet? Wiki will need an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasn't there always been caps at 30 here?
Yes, last time I was level 20-29 there was a cap of like 30? or 39 or something pitiful.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

more classic, i love it!

now for the messageboards in highkeep....
Old 02-14-2017, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Where are the patch files? They weren't included in the OP
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-14-2017, 02:58 AM
Sarnak

They are server end patches (not client end)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wtf my memory cant be this bad. I LIVED IN DREADLANDS. Im 100% positive I could agro a mob with bard speed, run from to the entire other side of Dreadlands, and it'd still be on my ass, hell id forget about the mob even being agro'd half the time till I saw it coming full blast for me.

I've drank a lot since Kunark/Velious but there is no way I believe anyone here
This was my experience as well, only i remember mobs dropping interest when i got far enough away. Also played a bard, and spent a lot of time in DL during kunark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's weird, but I'm 100% sure mobs lost interest when they got too far away. Matter of fact that was one of the first things i noticed when i started here: mobs chasing you forever and that stupid strafe running to outrun mobs. Neither is classic as far as my memory goes.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a monk sometimes in 2000-2001 and sneak never did jack. You p99 babies are just spoiled and I'm glad things are more classic.
But they aren't classic because the randomised chance to forget on feign is far too low. This has a pretty significant effect on multiple mobs (because the effect of too low a chance to mem blur is amplified.

If you pull two mobs, and they have a 50% chance of blur on feign, you have a 25% chance of both mobs forgetting allowing a Sneak pull as they return (which has also been nerfed). If the two mobs have a 10% chance of blur on feign (which seems to be the case on P99) then you have a ONE PERCENT chance of both mobs forgetting. And that's just for two mobs.

This is MILES out of line with feign pulling on Live. It is Not Classic.

It appears that the current implementation will not allow feign split without using the mob's reset point. This is broken and not how the game worked on Live. We've moved from a situation where feign splitting was too easy (and it was, completely broken) to one where it is too difficult.
Last edited by EdTuBrutus; 02-14-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Old 02-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But they aren't classic because the randomised chance to forget on feign is far too low. This has a pretty significant effect on multiple mobs (because the effect of too low a chance to mem blur is amplified.

If you pull two mobs, and they have a 50% chance of blur on feign, you have a 25% chance of both mobs forgetting allowing a Sneak pull as they return (which has also been nerfed). If the two mobs have a 10% chance of blur on feign (which seems to be the case on P99) then you have a ONE PERCENT chance of both mobs forgetting. And that's just for two mobs.

This is MILES out of line with feign pulling on Live. It is Not Classic.

It appears that the current implementation will not allow feign split without using the mob's reset point. This is broken and not how the game worked on Live. We've moved from a situation where feign splitting was too easy (and it was, completely broken) to one where it is too difficult.
QFT
Closed Thread