Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

*sensible chuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Anyways, I completed my epic last night at lvl 53. 2HS skill is only 130 or so, should hit harder and most consistent within a few days. The proc is so nice! It also looks insanely bad ass. Thanks for the replies to the thread!
Old 11-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Congrats on your epic!!
Old 11-22-2018, 01:26 AM
Kobold

Congratulations!
Old 11-22-2018, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BRING IT XAEOPHI

Also, I think both Knight classes are hugely underrated here. I bet SKs are roughly equal to Warriors both on raids (+15-20 dps from lifetaps if you don't mind medding up afterwards) and for XP (+15-20 dps from the 44th necromancer pet, and don't forget Banshee Aura & Vampiric Embrace taps chipping in). Once the 2H upgrade comes out I guess SKs are closing in on Monks. On TAKP my Monk (17/19+15/18, 3xAOB) would occasionally lose to Rocksmasher SKs nuking hard with a pet.
Sorry knights parse about 15-20 dps below warriors on this box (given both 60, both have good weps/haste/buffs)

Known verifiable information people...
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BRING IT XAEOPHI

Also, I think both Knight classes are hugely underrated here. I bet SKs are roughly equal to Warriors both on raids (+15-20 dps from lifetaps if you don't mind medding up afterwards) and for XP (+15-20 dps from the 44th necromancer pet, and don't forget Banshee Aura & Vampiric Embrace taps chipping in). Once the 2H upgrade comes out I guess SKs are closing in on Monks. On TAKP my Monk (17/19+15/18, 3xAOB) would occasionally lose to Rocksmasher SKs nuking hard with a pet.
I don't know about those numbers, but I am pretty sure that Lifetaps have a (non-classic) much higher resist rate here than on TAKP, making them not terribly useful against raid mobs.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, I completed my epic last night at lvl 53. 2HS skill is only 130 or so, should hit harder and most consistent within a few days. The proc is so nice! It also looks insanely bad ass. Thanks for the replies to the thread!
Congrats on the epic! Did you mq any of it? Thoughts on the quest? Thanks
Old 11-22-2018, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry knights parse about 15-20 dps below warriors on this box (given both 60, both have good weps/haste/buffs)

Known verifiable information people...
Triple attacking with a strong primary seems better to a few extra life taps to me, but my sk (my first toon!) hasn't made 60 yet.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry knights parse about 15-20 dps below warriors on this box
Isn't that exactly what I said? Remember that unless the SK does the parse their lifetap damage won't show up. And I imagine that most decent SKs are not inclined to time their lifetaps between swings just so their 100 man zerg raid can kill a dragon 0.01% faster anyway and instead are busy helping with the pull. But they could if they wanted to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop
I am pretty sure that Lifetaps have a (non-classic) much higher resist rate here than on TAKP
TAKP has the late-Velious immunities patch. I was quite surprised the first time I saw an Enchanter nuking Lord Yelinak! So SKs won't be able to tap Kael bosses and such yet. But I would expect that if Shaman slow lands 10% or so on TOV dragons after tash/malo that SK/Necro taps should land nearly 100%. I haven't done it, though, so perhaps a real SK will prove me wrong.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Isn't that exactly what I said? Remember that unless the SK does the parse their lifetap damage won't show up. And I imagine that most decent SKs are not inclined to time their lifetaps between swings just so their 100 man zerg raid can kill a dragon 0.01% faster anyway and instead are busy helping with the pull. But they could if they wanted to!
Not just that, but if folks would remember that the game includes more than just raid bosses, Shadow Knight damage-over-time spells, if stacked up, add about 30 DPS just on their own. It's not sustainable long term, but gives the class decent moderate-duration burst if needed. No, it's not a "DPS class", but it's still a handy capability to have, when needed.

Danth
Closed Thread