Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Default Is a fungi next upgrade?

So I just reached lvl 50 on my monk. My black panther armor, orc earrings, 65hp rings, etc seem to still be holding up fairly well. Solo is slowing down some for me at this point as expected and I have no issues getting a group. I'm using a peacebringer as my wepon. I have about 35kpp currently and have been saving for a fungi. It's taking me a considerable amount of time longer than I expected to save up the money. Is a fungi really my next upgrade? The only clickies I have are ring of shadows, a few stalking probes, and moss covered mask. I have all the jeweler made resist jewelry but nothing much in the way of resist gear otherwise. I guess my main concern is how game changing will the fungi be compared to say buying a good duel weild set or buying a chardok pipe MQ to help me get through my epic or a good resist set?
Old 11-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

If you prefer to group then I would suggest spending the money on Adamantite club / stave of shielding , along with your pipe mq's rather than fungi. However if you want to solo mainly then fungi is the way to go
Old 11-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Monk soloing isn't ideal 50+. So I would say just skip the fungi unless all you want to do is solo. Seek out duos/trios primarily for best xp, or otherwise bigger groups. I'd definitely spend on resist/epic stuff/raid utility/.

Or...get a Tstaff for badass looks before the new patch drops at some point.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

What haste do you have?

You're almost at seahorse haste belt price with the money (best upgrade TBH unless you want to buy epic).

Fungi at high level only serves to lower your down time. It wont be life saving in a fight at that point unlike, say, lvl 1-20.

tl;dr get good haste or get an epic / SoS
Old 11-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Banned

Fungi always, always, always good, even at higher levels because you'll be soloing for cash later on, or small camps etc and your fungi will help with the down time also for when you duo/trio camps.

But if you plan to group 50-60 then prioritize haste/epic/weapons before the fungus kings' tunic as Epic+SoS is killer dps.

Another thought is the fungus kings' tunic can be used to help level your other characters when you realize the 51-60 is an insane XP grind and want a break.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk soloing isn't ideal 50+. So I would say just skip the fungi unless all you want to do is solo. Seek out duos/trios primarily for best xp, or otherwise bigger groups. I'd definitely spend on resist/epic stuff/raid utility/.

Or...get a Tstaff for badass looks before the new patch drops at some point.
Can you elaborate what you mean bout the tstaff before the new patch drops?
Old 11-20-2018, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011008.html

Final patch that brings Chardok 2.0, which includes giving monks triple attack and 2h weapons get a bonus. Basically meaning, Tstaff among other 2h weapons, will be much more powerful. However I believe due to it's faster delay it will be better than some of the slower 2h weapons. It is pretty much the reason why it's the same price as the Fungi tunic now, whereas it used to be significantly cheaper.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Just about every level 60 monk I see wears fungi 24/7. It's basically BiS.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011008.html

Final patch that brings Chardok 2.0, which includes giving monks triple attack and 2h weapons get a bonus. Basically meaning, Tstaff among other 2h weapons, will be much more powerful. However I believe due to it's faster delay it will be better than some of the slower 2h weapons. It is pretty much the reason why it's the same price as the Fungi tunic now, whereas it used to be significantly cheaper.
Chardok is soon (tm)
Old 11-21-2018, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

I really appreciate all the responses I have gotten. It does seem to be that the opinion is split amongst everyone on what direction I should go. My haste btw is SCHW. In the end i am still torn as to what to do in regards to waiting to buy a fungi. For the additional 10kp it will take me to buy one i suspect unless something ground breaking happens in terms of being able to roll higher than a 10 when something drops lol then it will likely take me until lvl 55ish or more before I get the rest of the coin. Mabye even went be until later than that. Until then I'll find a friend to let me borrow a fungi mabye lol. Again I appreciate the responces.
Closed Thread