Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Banned

it gets real slow as a rogue 25+ suggest playing with friends
Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've never played DAOC before, but I'd wanna be a nightshade. Read that I'm basically useless in a PvE group. Can I level up killing other players or is playing a stealther just gonna be painful to level w/o boxing?
I suggest you make a money maker first.... Then roll a rogue, or its going to be baddddd
Old 07-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

I can't really play anything else. NM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Skeleton

so hib is 100% realm choice now?
Old 07-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogie305 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest you make a money maker first.... Then roll a rogue, or its going to be baddddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't really play anything else. NM.
That's good advice, however, if you have your mind set on being a stealth-type, why not make a compromise and try a Ranger instead, they get good Stealth also, or if you really want to be a Nightshade that badly, then go for it.

I meant what I said at the beginning of this thread, that my crew will be open to all in this thread who want to try the server out together, whether they're vets or playing for the first time, even if their class choice is a stealther type. Believe it or not, there ARE ways you can be helpful in PvE as a stealther too, and useful in RvR even with a group made primarily out of non-stealthers.

I was trying to find a decent Valewalker RvR video from Uthgard (especially for low-mid lvls), to show someone interested in playing a DPS class similar in some ways to an EQ Monk, and came across this interesting compilation. It not only shows what a Valewalker who knows what they're doing can do, but also some very interesting PvP fights for the rest of you to see.

You can see this guy knows what he's doing, he finds enemy healers quite fast just by studying their reactions on inc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTVq8fVaKDQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalexandraTL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so hib is 100% realm choice now?
Looks that way so far.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 07-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Kobold

i played a hib nightshade once upon a time. Best PVP game i've played. Only got to RR5 before i quit tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Poppin clothies on bridges and camping in thier castles, good times.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i played a hib nightshade once upon a time. Best PVP game i've played. Only got to RR5 before i quit tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Poppin clothies on bridges and camping in thier castles, good times.
Wanna give this server a try when it's back? They've wiped all the chars, so everyone will be starting from scratch again just like when the game first came out, it'll be a blast!
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 07-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

I will likey start something up on here. Is enchanter useful in pve and pvp? Also, do you get last names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Any word on when the server will come back. I played an alb wizard on live and had SO much fun til wow killed it.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 07-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will likey start something up on here. Is enchanter useful in pve and pvp? Also, do you get last names?
Chanters are so-so in PvP, they can't solo (no run speed, among other reasons) but then again it's not really a solo-focused game. Chanters are great in PvE, they are the masters of pbaoe groups, and in PvP pbaoes are also useful in some keep defense situations as they can often hit through thin walls/doors, and chanter pets also path through doors/walls, so their pets are great at finishing runners who are low on hp.

If you want a PvP-focused caster I'd go eldritch
Closed Thread