Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 03:31 AM
Large Rat

Lightbulb New PoP-Locked Server

My friends and I have been working on a server for the past few months that we would love to have more people join. It is locked at Planes of Power (plus Legacy of Ykesha since that barely even counts as an expansion, and we rather enjoy the few zones it has). Please note that it is not a progression server. It is simply a server that is already up to PoP and will stay there.

We have a bit of custom content, although not much. We are looking to add only very little to the original game, such as a few mobs and one or two questlines. For example, we are working on a Dragons vs. Giants questline with all new mobs.

We just started recruiting people on Sunday night and are looking to get a decent-sized population going. We are not looking to get big, but we'll see what happens. If you would like more information, you are more than welcome to ask here or visit www.privatemortaldestiny.com.

Thank you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Missneye; 03-05-2015 at 06:48 PM..
Old 03-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Banned

application download? why cant you just have a web form or something.

would love to play pop eq, but im not keen on the idea of DLing a pdf from your newly created website with no forum.

Not trying to troll your thread, hopefully you can consider the change
Old 03-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd love to play PoP again.

Are there rules on boxing?

Also would I require installing Titanium again, or can it run off the back of P1999 installation?
Old 03-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP The Jacka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
application download? why cant you just have a web form or something.

would love to play pop eq, but im not keen on the idea of DLing a pdf from your newly created website with no forum.

Not trying to troll your thread, hopefully you can consider the change
The questions have been put directly on the site so you can just copy them over to an email. I apologize for my lack of HTML familiarity and such. I'm more of a C# and mobile application developer. =p
Last edited by Missneye; 03-05-2015 at 05:34 AM..
Old 03-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvarien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to play PoP again.

Are there rules on boxing?

Also would I require installing Titanium again, or can it run off the back of P1999 installation?
We allow up to 4 accounts active at once per IP. This is mostly so families and such don't have to worry about getting IP exemptions. If you'd like to use that for boxing, you're more than welcome to.

As for the Titanium installation, I would probably get a second folder with all of the files that come with Titanium initially rather than anything P1999 asked you to replace. However, most things will work with your current P1999 directory.
Last edited by Missneye; 03-05-2015 at 06:54 PM..
Old 03-05-2015, 04:44 AM
Aviak

#1, requiring people to get approved to play on your server prior to doing so is a ridiculous idea.

#2, boxing is going to not attract anyone and not have a good community, it is why p99 has strived so well.

#3, your idea for a server is good except for one other flaw...GM's playing characters will always have a bad rap due to content exploits and favoritism.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:24 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1, requiring people to get approved to play on your server prior to doing so is a ridiculous idea.

#2, boxing is going to not attract anyone and not have a good community, it is why p99 has strived so well.

#3, your idea for a server is good except for one other flaw...GM's playing characters will always have a bad rap due to content exploits and favoritism.
Requiring a signup is for organization purposes and to prevent people we don't want on the server from coming on (those who we simply refer to as the douchebags). We aren't expecting this server to be particularly big, even though that would be great. If it gets big enough, we will allow people to create their own accounts.

Boxing may be changed to require an IP exemption like P99 eventually. However, that will only happen if we reach a good number of people that will allow us to even have a real community in the first place, or if it gets out of hand.

I would agree with that GM part. I already had to deny one of my friends GM access because he was favoring one person over another.

Our main goal is just to enjoy the server, and allow others to come if they want to. We're not looking to become a big server or anything. My friends and I enjoyed having the whole world to ourselves, but we wanted to afford others the opportunity to enjoy it with us.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Large Rat

I have edited the site more, and we now have our Forums ready. I have appreciated any input you guys have had, and will appreciate anything more.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

You won't recruit many people from here if there's boxing allowed, and if boxing isn't allowed some detection would need to be out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's always the EverQuest (official) reddit however [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You do realize there is other servers out there that have boxing and have a steady player base right? Sure alot of people dont like boxing, but alot of people in eq do. My brother quit a few months after eq was released, and I boxed his account from then on for years, just like many other classic players did. Plenty of people box right here on p99 whether you want to believe it or not.
Closed Thread