Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Orc

Default @Sirken "a fair and legitimate chance at that target"

All Temple of Veeshan raid targets as well as King Tormax / Statue, are now foot race FTEs from the zone lines. If your guild gets FTE on a target, then your guild will be given a 60minute grace period to engage and kill the mob, allowing them a fair and legitimate chance at that target.

Greetings Everyone. If it is the same top 2 guilds constantly winning races to these targets who have accumulated all the best racers on the server for example aftermath and awakened.
How will other guilds who have the force to kill these targets get a fair and legitimate chance at that these targets if they are constantly getting beat by Usain Bolt?

Is there another way around this other than racing to give other guilds a fair and legitimate chance at these target and get a piece of end game bosses without having to race? Like a fixed rotation and failure to kill with a certain amount of time will make that boss FFA or go down to the next guild on list?

The foundation of this server is to re live our EQ live memories and end game seems to be dominated/controlled by 2 big guilds at the moment.

This game will not go any further than Velious and the Top guilds will not proceed to Luclin. They will continue getting stronger and dominating the races, leaving the up and coming guilds with a very low chance at these targets. Resulting in making them even more stronger by just joining their guild.

Should I stop and just join them?
Last edited by saujee; 01-30-2017 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

It used to be mob popped, coth, fte, and inc to camp within 30 secs of spawn

Now you can race then take an hour to kill your mob yet people still want it made easier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saujee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All Temple of Veeshan raid targets as well as King Tormax / Statue, are now foot race FTEs from the zone lines. If your guild gets FTE on a target, then your guild will be given a 60minute grace period to engage and kill the mob, allowing them a fair and legitimate chance at that target.
Making sense so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saujee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings Everyone. If it is the same top 2 guilds constantly winning races to these targets who have accumulated all the best racers on the server for example aftermath and awakened.
In agreement on how this would make sense. The most seasoned players with the most experience in the arena of "FTE'ing" are predominantly in these two guilds.

Quote:
How will other guilds who have the force to kill these targets get a fair and legitimate chance at that these targets if they are constantly getting beat by Usain Bolt?
Do what the others did. Practice, and keep doing it. There are practice servers you can do this on. This is where it begins to sound like you want to sign up for the Olympics without qualifying, then would like to walk away with a medal.

Quote:
Is there another way around this other than racing to give other guilds a fair and legitimate chance at these target and get a piece of end game bosses without having to race? Like a fixed rotation and failure to kill with a certain amount of time will make that boss FFA or go down to the next guild on list?
Here's where it derails and 95% of the pending flame wars in this thread will come from.

Quote:
The foundation of this server is to re live our EQ live memories and end game seems to be dominated/controlled by 2 big guilds at the moment.
Where did you play? I'm from Quellious, where Vis Maior, Lotus Cult, and Wraith were the competing entities. Swapping back and forth from FFA to rotations on things like NToV based on the temperature of the relationships between the guilds.

Quote:
Should I stop and just join them?
That's your call sir! I can tell you that when I wanted to raid back on Quellious, I left my beloved <Denizens of Shez'Baernon> to join the ranks of <Vis Maior> as they were the baddest mo'fuckas on the server.

I can also tell you that I never walked around with my <Denizens> tag on expecting to be given a spot in any form of rotation. When I wanted to raid, I joined the raiding guild.

That's the biggest difference of my recollection of "the good old days" versus the foot stomping and breath holding we seem to be cultivating. (That's directed at the server as a whole, not yourself good sir).

*shrug*

I'm bored at work :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Banned

Wow just wow delete this plz. Other guilds get mobs a lot and the one hour rule gives CSG or the likes there of a reasonable amount of time to kill. Just because a/a claim to have veteran racers doesn't mean shit.

Gimp and I was the only ones on the line for statue once 2 vs 30+ a/a and we won. Snacks continues to casually get ftes in ToV along with a few others. Come on now. The alternative means you will see 0 mobs I repeat you will not get a single one. The current rule set favors the casual. Now move along.

Ps. You have no clue how it was in kunark. You'd be thankful it is how it is now if you did.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It used to be mob popped, coth, fte, and inc to camp within 30 secs of spawn

Now you can race then take an hour to kill your mob yet people still want it made easier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it depends on how we define easier.

Is it easier to join and win that FTE in the top guilds with Usain Bolts or is it easier to build a guild out of nothing and get all players geared up to take on these bosses which takes months and hours of commitment. Only to be denied by the same Top Guilds who are more than capable of winning all races due to having the best geared (advantage) and most hardocore players (advantage) at their disposal?

Apologies for the sensitive subject.
This is a great game and all but do I really have to join these guilds just to get some end game content? And abandon my guild? Who I believe are more than capable of killing these targets. But we just do not have Usain Bolt on our side to win races.

The whole point of this is. Is there an alternative to racing?
Old 01-30-2017, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Phinigel may be the right server for you. Come on over. Anyone who reads this I can help you with some starter weapons and stuff just PM me.

#notmyserver
Pretty much this. If you want to raid, you won't find a fun or classic experience of it on P99. There's no shame in getting your raiding fix someplace else. Hell, there's no reason a person can't simultaneously box P99 for classic level grind and Phinny for raiding.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Banned

Everyone is equal man. All it takes is one alert person and one tracker that's alert. Trust me a/a don't have professional runners anymore than csg(well I mean awakened was cheating but that's another story.) they just have more willing bodies to throw at an fte race.

What guild are you? I'd gladly help fill you in on tips if you want to pm me.

The alternative is the worst, Coth ducking mages with instant pulls, the epitome of hell on p99 imo.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:08 PM
Orc

The Current Top Guilds are great at what they do. No doubt about that and respect to them. I understand all these rules are made for classic. But classic did not stay in Velious. It continued forward. These top guilds in p1999 would be in PoP by now and the upcoming guilds will be taking their shots at end game Velious vs other Guilds similar to their Strength in progress.
So Technically it would be harder to win races in p1999 than it was in live.

If the GM's are happy with how end game raiding works then that its ok because is their game.

I was just wondering if there was an alternative to allowing all guilds a fair and legitimate chance at those target vs guilds in full BiS Gear who require less numbers and less organising due to less numbers needed to kill targets and win coth races. They will always have a head start vs guilds who are less equipped.

Have a nice day everyone. See you all in game.
Last edited by saujee; 01-30-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The Current Top Guilds are great at what they do. No doubt about that and respect to them. I understand all these rules are made for classic. But classic did not stay in Velious. It continued forward. These top guilds in p1999 would be in PoP by now and the upcoming guilds will be taking their shots at end game Velious vs other Guilds similar to their Strength in progress.
So Technically it would be harder to win races in p1999 than it was in live.

Have a nice day everyone. See you all in game.
These rules were made during velious FOR casuals. These rules make it easier to compete as a casual guild

Literally, mobs would pop and pull would be happening in 30 secs before these rules. Thats what made it impossible for casuals to compete since you need 40+ ppl to instantly log in when the mob spawns
Old 01-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

I think the rules made it easier for top guilds. 99% assured an FTE results in a kill now.

before it was not that way.
Closed Thread