Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
still shaman
Old 08-10-2020, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
still shaman
Haste and Slow are OP, no doubt.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Necro. Cele heals, pulls, pet backstab dps, charm mob, undead synergies.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorvaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My RL friend picked up the game and rolled a Dwarf paladin. He doesn't play as often as I do so I'd like to roll a toon to level up with him when he's on. What is your best suggestion for class to duo/group with a paladin and why?
I think you could probably duo with just about any class, but as said by others, Bard will be the most helpful. Sadly Paladin is not really the best duo class, so nearly all your choices will be you carrying him.

A class that can haste, that can also provide mana regen is ideal. Bard can mana and health regen, but youve got to be within range. Shaman can health regen, but can only mana regen themselves. Enchanter can mana regen, but no health regen at all. All 3 can haste, which is badly needed. All 3 can slow, but its a huge aggro generator. Hopefully your buddy can keep aggro.

I think bard is the ideal option because you both can be running and gunning at the same time, whereas a pure caster is going to be needing to med all the time. With health, mana and haste being constantly twisted, Paladin can tank and heal himself as necessary.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:58 AM
Sarnak

bard and paladin, just to be able to share some plate gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] oh the arguments over "upgrades" hehe
Old 08-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buffing up a charmed mob and letting it chainsaw mobs while CHing is just about as fast of kills as letting two mobs kill each other and getting the exp for both. And ironically, the latter is safer, since if you buff a charmed mob to the point where it does as much dmg as two mobs beating on each other, it can do the same to you. The only advantage to #1 is that it is brain dead easy to pull off when everything goes right. Paladins can't do #1 but they do a better job at assisting #2 since they can melee the last 5% HP, as opposed to nuking which is expensive for the enchanter or a cleric. The paladin can heal an enchanter about as well as a cleric can since CH is useless, and they have emergency agro and tanking tools as well.
This forum needs a like button. Well said.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Highest single target duo would be with Shaman, but with the giant caveat of "only after torpor".
Highest speed killing for exp/multiple target farming potential 1-60, would be enchanter

Ultimately I think the OP the right decision though. Even if the druid never levels past 19 it's nice to have one for errands.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Banned

Go with wizard! I think that would be a blast. Pally pulls and heals himself, wizard only needs one good spell to mostly kill anything. You get ports and lots of fun clickies.
Closed Thread