Large Rat

bump - DISCORD, PVP LYFE - HEADQUARTERS@FP, SATELLITE BATTLES @ GFAY

FIGHT CLUB FRIDAYS
Old 11-14-2021, 05:32 PM
Banned

cool guild name!
Old 11-20-2021, 12:05 PM
Kobold

For those interested, the Arena now has 10%+ EXP. Would be neat if PvP yielded experience now (even if in the Arena only), though I could see that being exploitable if so.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:30 PM
Banned

experience and exp loss in arena only!

I would enable stealing, itemloot, and coin in arena only too, just for pvp events, give a big prize, put one raid style human NPC boss like Carson McCabe lvl 70 low dmg, lots and lots of hp or heals himself like 5x until he dies, so he's tankable by like a healer and a chain wearer, and with like big boss spells and maybe a few adds. Let people fight it out. Make him rootable/snarable too so maybe like add a -mr resist on him. Randomize all other resists, like fire and cold and poison and diseas and stuff so they are different each week

He spaws like every 10-24 days like a normal raid mob on variance.
Last edited by starkind; 11-20-2021 at 01:36 PM..
Old 11-20-2021, 01:38 PM
Banned

Stealing is one of the best mechanics in an mmo ever. I dunno how it would work in EQ because individual items can carry so much value, but the original theiving system in ultima online was one of the most fun things ever. Being a thief, and also dealing with thieves was somehow always kinda fun.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
experience and exp loss in arena only!

I would enable stealing, itemloot, and coin in arena only too...
I'm not so sure on that one. The idea of losing coin is fine to me since it can be gained from killing anything, but losing gear is an extremely harsh loss. Losing something like a FBSS would genuinely make me want to uninstall the game with all the absurd effort that goes into getting one, as even the cost to replace it would be absurd.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not so sure on that one. The idea of losing coin is fine to me since it can be gained from killing anything, but losing gear is an extremely harsh loss. Losing something like a FBSS would genuinely make me want to uninstall the game with all the absurd effort that goes into getting one, as even the cost to replace it would be absurd.
well only the best players with the most ... uhm... uber brains ... would wear an FBSS or Fungus into battle, and they'd have those hotkeys and bag slots memoriezed so they could bag blind

p99 has /autoinventory and i think that command may be unclassic? which makes it too easy to bag items imo

still was always fun part of pvp for me back in the day and a big balancing factor later towards kunark and velious and stuff

I would only want it enabled in arena for 'challenges' though, I wouldn't want it enabled everywhere else.

Everywhere else i'm happy if there's no coin loot, no itemloot, you drop a naked coprse that allows a 15 minute battle rez before expiring and you spawn naked in a protected (and useless zone) with 15% mana/hp --- call it atmospheric pvp, the point isn't to hurt ppl just add immersion

I would also disable TL windows (they would just go instantly) so would rez just instant auto accept. And I would make it so you stay connected if you /plug or q at least 2 minutes, I may even force people to have a debuff upon zoning that stops zoning again for 5 minutes to make zone dancing harder, pets would stay up through zones and logins, keeping their gear. I'm getting into those tweaks that I don't think would ruin classic while making pvp just all around funner for everyone.
Last edited by starkind; 11-20-2021 at 02:58 PM..
Closed Thread