Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't a Cleric with a Manastone, Root, Complete Heal and a Direct Damage, like solo anything? I Mean... hypothetically I feel like this shold be extremely easy but its totally theoretical.
If you want to hp juggle with manastone and CH mid-fight, you're risking death on a root break. Probably fine if you fight near a zone line or you back up enough to cancel CH and re-root on a break.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Aviak

The Regent Symbol of Innoruuk has a casting time of 6 seconds and if Clinging Darkness sticks it lasts for 6 ticks. Resist rate is comparatively high and movement reduction is only 30%. In my opinion it is not worth it. - I tried it on live and here on Blue. On live I had the same problem we will have on Green: Snare and root won't stack for a while. That reduces its limited utility even further.

On a new server it is not a bad item in itself and the quest line is fun. You even get to be a Halfling for a while and you can get more of those Halfling illusion masks later (only 1 charge per mask). But if you really are in an area where you need snare you don't want to have to rely on that necklace.

In LGuk I would have to cast it on a non rooted frog and kill it without rooting it in between before CD fades. But what might that frog do during that time? If I pull with it the frog will do nothing to me before and during the first snare attempt. If it sticks I will have to tank it while burning it down. That was fun with Festering Hags in Unrest but I am not convinced that it would be fun or even possible with a Dar Ghoul Knight, protected by classic gear.
With that casting time and resist rate refreshing Darkness during the fight is probably not a reliable option if I can't convince the frog to check its email or take selfies with me while I busy myself with the necklace. It might be fun to try it, but I doubt that it is a viable long time strategy. - Come to think of it... I am not even sure if the frogs in LGuk are interested in taking selfies.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

The snare necklace is only marginally useful solo or in a group, but is absolutely amazing when duoing with an Enchanter or Magician. If you plan to do a lot of either of those duos as a Cleric I would strongly recommend making sure you can get one.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Regent Symbol of Innoruuk has a casting time of 6 seconds and if Clinging Darkness sticks it lasts for 6 ticks. Resist rate is comparatively high and movement reduction is only 30%. In my opinion it is not worth it. - I tried it on live and here on Blue. On live I had the same problem we will have on Green: Snare and root won't stack for a while. That reduces its limited utility even further.
same resist rate of all the other snare spells. not stacking with root is certainly an annoyance but not always relevant depending on the party and how you are doing CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a new server it is not a bad item in itself and the quest line is fun. You even get to be a Halfling for a while and you can get more of those Halfling illusion masks later (only 1 charge per mask). But if you really are in an area where you need snare you don't want to have to rely on that necklace.
I don't think it will even exist for awhile on a "new server".
Quote:
In LGuk I would have to cast it on a non rooted frog and kill it without rooting it in between before CD fades. But what might that frog do during that time? If I pull with it the frog will do nothing to me before and during the first snare attempt. If it sticks I will have to tank it while burning it down. That was fun with Festering Hags in Unrest but I am not convinced that it would be fun or even possible with a Dar Ghoul Knight, protected by classic gear.
With that casting time and resist rate refreshing Darkness during the fight is probably not a reliable option if I can't convince the frog to check its email or take selfies with me while I busy myself with the necklace. It might be fun to try it, but I doubt that it is a viable long time strategy. - Come to think of it... I am not even sure if the frogs in LGuk are interested in taking selfies.

i don't even know what these two paragraphs are on about. You'd use the snare when you are doing some variation of fear kiting or saving mana in a normal situation to lock a low hit point fleeing mob in place without having them return damage on players in melee range like they would do if rooted.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't even know what these two paragraphs are on about. You'd use the snare when you are doing some variation of fear kiting or saving mana in a normal situation to lock a low hit point fleeing mob in place without having them return damage on players in melee range like they would do if rooted.
See post #8: Soloing in Guk as a cleric with the regent symbol as a main tool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread