Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why both Snare and Root? I'm only using Root right now, I feel like I only need one or the other since Flamelick covers the snap aggro.
Root covers crowd control and snap aggro management, but as mentioned is easily broken.

Snare, as mentioned, keeps the mob in flee mode from aggroing adds and from beating on you or the tank for the last 20% of its HP vs. if you were to root it, plus is used as your snap aggro instead of Flame Lick if you have an enchanter in the group trying to mez adds. You also use it to build aggro on mezzed mobs so they come after you instead of the enchanter after mez breaks.

Flame Lick is your "i want the mob on me now, F everyone else including enchanters" spell. When used on mezzed mobs, I would not assume you have aggro by the time the first DoT tick breaks the mez unless you primed with a snare or two first.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

There's a bit of value in considering which spell you put in slot 1 for haste cloak/other clicky refresh. I typically leave heal in slot one when soloing so i can heal,click,heal,click myself to get hp back faster. I suppose if you're main tanking a group having flame lick or snare slot 1 might be what you'd want to do.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

So I'm Level 35 now, still grinding it out at HHK. How am I doing equipment wise?

Orc Fang Earring x2
Velium Fire Wedding Ring x2
Chipped Velium Amulet
Silver Chitin Handwraps
Dire Wolf-Hide Cloak
Crested Helmet
Hero Bracer
Dwarven Work Boots
Lamentation x2

The rest is Banded. Looking to invest in a few reasonable replacements for that Banded by Level 40 or so, then saving the rest of my money for MQ's from that point on.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm Level 35 now, still grinding it out at HHK. How am I doing equipment wise?

Orc Fang Earring x2
Velium Fire Wedding Ring x2
Chipped Velium Amulet
Silver Chitin Handwraps
Dire Wolf-Hide Cloak
Crested Helmet
Hero Bracer
Dwarven Work Boots
Lamentation x2

The rest is Banded. Looking to invest in a few reasonable replacements for that Banded by Level 40 or so, then saving the rest of my money for MQ's from that point on.
Find guild to raid sky, get haste cloak ASAP, biggest upgrade. Then epics
Old 06-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find guild to raid sky, get haste cloak ASAP, biggest upgrade. Then epics
And Thurg armor. That's why I want reasonable, cheap pieces for the slots that will eventually be Thurg armor. I don't mind spending more on slots I won't replace anytime soon, like shoulders, face or waist. I have specific items I want for those.

I'm pretty happy with my current guild, Castle. Nice group of folks, guild chat is always a hoot. It'll probably be a while before we even consider raiding since it's a leveling guild, but I think we'll eventually build enough of a force to do some planar content.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-13-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Old 06-13-2019, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Thurg armour is kinda crappy and you can't liquidate it. I'd advise against spending platinum on that.

I went ivy etched (quested) -> crystal chitin (looted) -> sky shrine quested.

I'd say swiftwind is a bigger upgrade than DCOTS; you'll often have a buff haste in group 46+ and swiftwind has a decent ratio +attack and worn haste % that are 'always on'.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

cloak is nice for basically doing 0 extra work for it tho
Old 06-13-2019, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thurg armour is kinda crappy and you can't liquidate it. I'd advise against spending platinum on that.

I went ivy etched (quested) -> crystal chitin (looted) -> sky shrine quested.

I'd say swiftwind is a bigger upgrade than DCOTS; you'll often have a buff haste in group 46+ and swiftwind has a decent ratio +attack and worn haste % that are 'always on'.
Well I plan to farm as much of it as I can. Probably going to start doing Kael arena at 49 or so.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

Jagged Blade of Mourning in your offhand. Cant beat it especially for the price. I got one the other day for 500p. 13/25 3 ac 10 dex 10 sv magic
Old 06-14-2019, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well I plan to farm as much of it as I can. Probably going to start doing Kael arena at 49 or so.
That's a better way to get it, but consider some of the year quest gems are quite expensive. As well as doing this I suggest forming groups (or joining lvl 60 farmers to 'leach xp and provide company') for velks spiders. This will give you a chance to get gems and crystal chitin armour. As I recall the hands and arms are both on pretty common and have nice stats.
Closed Thread