Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
19 delay weapons are for losers and 18 delay weapons are for winners.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This man plans on being buried with a pair of Lammys in the casket! Let's not hate on the fellow! Heheh
They're going in a museum along with my Gran Torino.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
19 delay weapons are for losers and 18 delay weapons are for winners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea but throwing away 1 delay on a primary weapon because of "fashion" is pure loser logic.

Realistically, you can get a 10/19 velium 1hs for like 1k. Lam's are the iMac G3 of melee weapons.
^ Apparently this Snaggles guy can't read for shit. My bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea but throwing away 1 delay on a primary weapon because of "fashion" is pure loser logic.
Sigh
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 06-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Realistically, you can get a 10/19 velium 1hs for like 1k. Lam's are the iMac G3 of melee weapons.
That statement kind of comes off a bit brash man. Isn't that sort of like saying "Yeah but taking a Ranger for DPS when you can get a Monk of equal level is pure loser logic."?
Old 06-06-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That statement kind of comes off a bit brash man. Isn't that sort of like saying "Yeah but taking a Ranger for DPS when you can get a Monk of equal level is pure loser logic."?
No, it was in response of the winner vs loser comment by Deezy (which I misread).

I'm not literally imbuing these e-items with cultural status. In terms of delay it's just math, it doesn't care about our feelings. One is faster than the other. Do what you want but if you want to do slightly more damage don't go with a slower weapon of the same damage.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Looking cool is important

By that logic I'm not sure why there are so many halflings though
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-06-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, it was in response of the winner vs loser comment by Deezy (which I misread).

I'm not literally imbuing these e-items with cultural status. In terms of delay it's just math, it doesn't care about our feelings. One is faster than the other. Do what you want but if you want to do slightly more damage don't go with a slower weapon of the same damage.
I'm only asking, are the stats really that irrelevent? Is a 9/18 with no stats really better than a 9/19 with 6/6/20 Str/Sta/HP?
Old 06-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm only asking, are the stats really that irrelevent? Is a 9/18 with no stats really better than a 9/19 with 6/6/20 Str/Sta/HP?
The only time it's really a wash is when the stats are massive and it's in an offhand (like the epic). That or it has a great proc for an offhand slot (like the club of the ice ocean) Even at lvl 60 with maxed DW a Ranger's offhand is only swinging like 60-65% of the time. With the damage bonus your MH is doing the bulk share of your dps.

Lam's are just fine now but eventually for a few hundred plat going Jade/crystalline short sword or Jade/Green Jade Axe is technically "better". One of the stronger primary weapons for the money is the Guard Captain's Mallet but not many people use them for fashion sake: https://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Captain%60s_Mallet These are really nice and have a good look : https://wiki.project1999.com/Polished_Velium_Warsword
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-06-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Old 06-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The only time it's really a wash is when the stats are massive and it's in an offhand (like the epic). That or it has a great proc for an offhand slot (like the club of the ice ocean) Even at lvl 60 with maxed DW a Ranger's offhand is only swinging like 60-65% of the time. With the damage bonus your MH is doing the bulk share of your dps.

Lam's are just fine now but eventually for a few hundred plat going Jade/crystalline short sword or Jade/Green Jade Axe is technically "better". One of the stronger primary weapons for the money is the Guard Captain's Mallet but not many people use them for fashion sake: https://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Captain%60s_Mallet These are really nice and have a good look : https://wiki.project1999.com/Polished_Velium_Warsword
How tough is it to get Ranger epic on this server? That's my eventual goal.
Closed Thread