Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get over yourselves.
Whew... Epic entitlement there, buddy.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

1 pp per level = absurd expectation for lowbies to pay
Old 02-24-2020, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 pp per level = absurd expectation for lowbies to pay
For a first character on a server and completely new to EQ, yeah, 9p at level 9 is a lot. I don’t buy that for most people tho. On any character you could have 10p to spare if you did any research on quests and such in any starting area. Even Halas area has white bear pelts people want and will pay for, those drop from lv 2 bears.

When I first started I figured out what could be done pretty quick to accumulate plat at a low level.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesBarkley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are your other thoughts on how other people should play everquest
These entire forums are about how other people play Everquest.

Grinding levels on foot instead of wasting money on too many ports is good advice.

dunk harder
Old 02-24-2020, 04:46 AM
Aviak

time is the commodity,
which seems to be a point missed by some here.

your Porter chose to spend it (time) porting you
in exchange of spending it (time) on something else that generates pixel wealth.

tip the porter, ffs. what the hell is wrong with you?
on the flip side, were I a porter, id ignore you as to never make the mistake of porting you again.

I believe smelly butt face has an accurate analysis on why hard prices aren't set. If prices get set, competition rises, standards protect the consumer, and the port cartel breaks down.

that being said, I happen to like the port cartel, and those of you who play classes that make more money have an easy opportunity to make someone happy by giving them more money.

when I played an enchanter, for example, id be embarrassed not giving 1pp per level minimum. understandable this isn't the case for a warrior.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:37 AM
Fire Giant

One of the best things about being able to port others is not porting others. It just isn't worth it in the long run.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:34 AM
Kobold

Summary for those of you that missed the actual point (because he did tip if you didn't get that far into his post) :

Wizards and Druids - Don't complain about the amount you were tipped if you didn't clearly stipulate what your minimum required tip amount was while offering/negotiating for your services.

If you ask for a random tip amount, then expect a random amount.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Decaying Skeleton

How the fuck are there always thread about this? It's not rocket science. 1pp per level is the "standard". If you can't afford it, speak on it. I tip anywhere from 20-70pp for a port depending on how my pocketbook is looking. If I'm low on funds, I let them now. Never once have I ever had someone gripe that I didn't tip well enough. Seriously makes me question the character of these individuals getting screamed on by porters.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1pp per level.
I don't know that it's an accepted standard, but that's what I do. I usually tip 5 peridots or 50pp for my ports.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You entitled little bitch.

When someone is sitting in EC tunnel medding up because ports cost fucking mana, their time is just worth shit to you, but you can't be bothered to fucking take three minutes and send a couple of tells to various porters asking them what the usual fare is?

But you can take the time to post your rancid little diatribe here?
Lmao look how mad you're getting over a post regarding a 21 year old video game for something that probably hasn't even affected you personally. Easy to tell who has a shitty life.
Closed Thread