Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the worst part is that hybrids don’t have a large inherent benefit to offset their penalty. They don’t kill faster, dont add any real amazing utility to a group. Would much rather just root the mob and let the Warrior tank it then deal with the “opened door” of multiple hybrid penalty’s.

Lessons learned: make your hybrids after Velious, go solo, or group with friends or guild mates that are fine with the exp penalty. Don’t inflict it on a group of randoms.
Definitely disagree when it comes to Bards. At least pre-when Enchanters get Clarity, that Bard regen can be huge for helping healer downtime by saving them from having to heal. In the high teens, we did a Befallen basement crawl without even having a healer just using the Bard regen and it was still pretty efficient. Once Enchanters get Clarity and the haste and slow spells just become that much better, I think Bard helpfulness goes away. But I definitely don't mind a Bard before then.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely disagree when it comes to Bards. At least pre-when Enchanters get Clarity, that Bard regen can be huge for helping healer downtime by saving them from having to heal. In the high teens, we did a Befallen basement crawl without even having a healer just using the Bard regen and it was still pretty efficient. Once Enchanters get Clarity and the haste and slow spells just become that much better, I think Bard helpfulness goes away. But I definitely don't mind a Bard before then.
True, that is a good point. It’s much more painful at lower levels when they don’t have a good repertoire of songs but still have the penalty. Higher levels a bard with an instrument running heal song/mana regen is pretty damn strong. Have grouped with exceptional bards that can weave songs, mez adds, and keep up pulls simultaneously.

Even worse that the other hybrids have the penalty even before lvl 9, but don’t actually even get semi-decent spells till then.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, that is a good point. It’s much more painful at lower levels when they don’t have a good repertoire of songs but still have the penalty. Higher levels a bard with an instrument running heal song/mana regen is pretty damn strong. Have grouped with exceptional bards that can weave songs, mez adds, and keep up pulls simultaneously.

Even worse that the other hybrids have the penalty even before lvl 9, but don’t actually even get semi-decent spells till then.
Yeah plus if you are having trouble finding an Ench (happens more than people think) those mez and haste/slow songs can be a game changer too.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Exp struggles are temporary...sucking is forever.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Paladin and it only goes down hill from here.

Worst DPS, once kunark hits #3 for tank agro.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Kobold

I'd wager that each hybrid class that is scoffed at makes it into a group more times than not. I never group (by choice), and I play hybrids. I prefer to spend my time leveling than knowing a group of whiners are going to constantly run me down about an experience penalty I have no control over.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My ranger will probably be #1 DPS on Green Server across entire population during vanilla era... so don't go knocking rangers.
in black lotus? i guess top dps on fear trash is something to strive for

black lotus will never going to kill a dragon on green
Old 02-18-2020, 02:00 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that character is a few levels higher than you they take more of your EXP than a hybrid close to your level does
You are spot on! even a 40% penalty class is usually only equivalent of 1-2 levels. 95% of players still think the "penalty" actually affects ur character by taking away X% of exp.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubyen13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are spot on! even a 40% penalty class is usually only equivalent of 1-2 levels. 95% of players still think the "penalty" actually affects ur character by taking away X% of exp.
I mean, technically it does. Regardless of how it works, the result is the same. The penalty is shared across the group so it indirectly takes away your EXP.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:53 PM
Banned

Probably shaman, crappy heals, mobs die too fast to slow, no jbb
Closed Thread