Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

After reading those logs. Looks like no rules in ToV for a while.
Should make for amazing RnF.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

people auto firing on dragon spawn points last night

nothing to see here!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quaint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After reading those logs. Looks like no rules in ToV for a while.
Should make for amazing RnF.
I don't know... I think for the most part the guilds here have policed themselves pretty well. We all make mistakes and I see that the guilds competing are conceding future mobs when they make those mistakes. I personally like this raid environment better than one where everyone was afraid of losing a chance to play the game for months...
Old 04-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know... I think for the most part the guilds here have policed themselves pretty well. We all make mistakes and I see that the guilds competing are conceding future mobs when they make those mistakes. I personally like this raid environment better than one where everyone was afraid of losing a chance to play the game for months...
What if i told you its possible to play everquest without breaking the raid rules therefore you never lose anything.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

P99 is a great server to relive your EQ memories on, all except the 2% I call 'raiding'. Its a joke. Having to have FRAPS and lawyers and 100 raid rules just to enjoy a game is beyond stupid.

For those of you who haven't lost your sanity and still enjoy playing but want to raid, there are 10 times as many other servers out there to play on. Let your feet do the walking and finally convince the devs here that they need to stop catering for the 2%.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if i told you its possible to play everquest without breaking the raid rules therefore you never lose anything.
I think you were missing the point of his post which is that most rules violations are made on accident. It's also often very hard to know who exactly made a mistake that caused a train or botched pull, requiring you to start reviewing fraps which quite frequently doesn't show you what exactly happened that caused the problem. And your decision has to be made in real time so you darn well better figure out quickly if it was your guild or the other guild that messed up. We don't have a GM referee watching ToV during these raids, so it's pretty much up to the raid leaders to figure this shit out, and it doesn't help that literally every pull ever has the officers getting spam tells from randos from the other guild telling them to concede or else, so now the officers have to figure out if the tells are legit, someone who doesn't know wtf they're talking about, or just some stupid calling wolf mind game.

Frankly I'm glad I don't have to be the one to put up with it, and if you think you'd be P99 Jesus if only you were in charge, I think you're severely underestimating what a clusterfuck raiding on this server can be.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is a great server to relive your EQ memories on, all except the 2% I call 'raiding'. Its a joke. Having to have FRAPS and lawyers and 100 raid rules just to enjoy a game is beyond stupid.

For those of you who haven't lost your sanity and still enjoy playing but want to raid, there are 10 times as many other servers out there to play on. Let your feet do the walking and finally convince the devs here that they need to stop catering for the 2%.
I think that it really shows your ignorance if you think the devs are 'catering to the 2%'. The GMs are overworked and underpaid. If they could wave a magic wand and fix the raid scene I'm sure they would, but managing non-instanced raiding on a 20 year old game full of bugs and glitches is not a simple or easy task.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you were missing the point of his post which is that most rules violations are made on accident. It's also often very hard to know who exactly made a mistake that caused a train or botched pull, requiring you to start reviewing fraps which quite frequently doesn't show you what exactly happened that caused the problem. And your decision has to be made in real time so you darn well better figure out quickly if it was your guild or the other guild that messed up. We don't have a GM referee watching ToV during these raids, so it's pretty much up to the raid leaders to figure this shit out, and it doesn't help that literally every pull ever has the officers getting spam tells from randos from the other guild telling them to concede or else, so now the officers have to figure out if the tells are legit, someone who doesn't know wtf they're talking about, or just some stupid calling wolf mind game.

Frankly I'm glad I don't have to be the one to put up with it, and if you think you'd be P99 Jesus if only you were in charge, I think you're severely underestimating what a clusterfuck raiding on this server can be.
Ive been raiding on p99 for nearly 5 years and competed in tov/fear/vp/etc... My guild has never had a raid suspension. If you break the rules and get suspended it is because you are choosing to do something that potentially or automatically breaks the rules. Nice rationalization of shitty behaviour, though!

Quote:
Old 04-06-2019, 01:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are going to play in ToV, at least follow the fucking rules if you expect others to as well. That means if you train 3 mages, maybe concede the mob instead of pixel lust taking over. Every other guild gets along and concedes when they fuck up, try doing the same. It's pathetic at this point. I know you are garbage at ToV still but you still have to concede when you fuck up. Thanks!
How bout when aftermath stalls yelinak in front of both core & ag, get called out and kill it anyway. How bout kiting cazic thule, getting caught and killing it anyway. Both blatent knowingly breaking the rules as it happens. I dont recall any rnf post going out over any of that. Killing the mob then conceding after the fact. It got settled - not to many people's satisfaction i might add - but settled none the less without anyone crying to everyone in rnf about unfair life is.

Eat shit kid.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive been raiding on p99 for nearly 5 years and competed in tov/fear/vp/etc... My guild has never had a raid suspension. If you break the rules and get suspended it is because you are choosing to do something that potentially or automatically breaks the rules. Nice rationalization of shitty behaviour, though!
You realize AG's only suspension was because one random member broke a player agreement without guild leadership's knowledge and got the whole guild suspended because GMs are super evenhanded, right?

What guild are you in, again?
Closed Thread