Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ALS concept is kinda neat, but I don't understand the mental gymnastics of it being ok to get carried through raid content by allied guilds who don't follow the ALS purity rules, but it not being ok to buy a class-defining spell from someone in one of those allied guilds.
I once traded with an ALS character, I'm pretty sure she was breaking the rules.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ALS concept is kinda neat, but I don't understand the mental gymnastics of it being ok to get carried through raid content by allied guilds who don't follow the ALS purity rules, but it not being ok to buy a class-defining spell from someone in one of those allied guilds.
I didn't raid too much and never saw a scroll drop when I did. Its not for everyone *shrug*

and getting carried through raid content is a huge lawl haha

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-31-2019, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once traded with an ALS character, I'm pretty sure she was breaking the rules.
lakeiisha got banned
Old 12-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah it's kind of completely against their whole concept, which is weird
Old 12-31-2019, 12:09 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Being carried through raid content has always been completely 'wtf' and I've never known anyone, even ALS members, to be able to explain a proper reason for it that fits with their rule system.

Like the lengths they've gone to to try and preserve and foster a particular play style is truly impressive but being carried through raid content can only be a result of whoever makes the rules getting hungry for pixels. Quite sad when you look at it as an outsider.

The guy not being able to get his spell .. it's not for me, but those are the rules they play by and this is understandable.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xealias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being carried through raid content has always been completely 'wtf' and I've never known anyone, even ALS members, to be able to explain a proper reason for it that fits with their rule system.

Like the lengths they've gone to to try and preserve and foster a particular play style is truly impressive but being carried through raid content can only be a result of whoever makes the rules getting hungry for pixels. Quite sad when you look at it as an outsider.

The guy not being able to get his spell .. it's not for me, but those are the rules they play by and this is understandable.
Of course the not being able to get your spell thing is understandable within the rule set if it's applied consistently. What's not understandable is rigorously applying that rule set to selective things, like limiting a guy's ability to get a valuable spell on the open market, but not to others such as valuable raid content and it's loot.

OP's story is also pretty fishy IMO, because it sounds like he basically got to 60 in the span of a week during which he asked two different members if they still had the spell, they said yes, and then suddenly it had been sold. Sold to whom? How many Druids in the guild are dinging 60 per week? lol. Sounds like those two guild members secretly sold it on the open market for a higher price than they thought they could get from OP and just didn't admit it to anyone.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:56 PM
Orc

RISEOFZEK
Old 01-01-2020, 01:16 AM
Sarnak

Do ALS members have to shit in a communal toilet, or can they use a port-a-potty?

Asking for a friend.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 01-01-2020, 01:29 AM
Banned

You were wrong, make it right! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread