Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can you zoom out yet? I couldnt get to level 2 because I couldnt zoom out from first person feltbadman. I might go back to EZServer, got a T10 group on my own.
I'm actually surprised that nobody has done this yet. I think I read that Haynar might be working on adding that functionality to his eqwindows-style program he works on.

I've actually got a .dll that I made that emulates this function, because I absolutely couldn't stand trying to play without mouse zoom, but it has to be injected into the EQMac eqgame.exe. It's certainly do-able, but I'm guessing it would have to be .dll proxy'd in, sort of how P99 runs it's anti-hacks and oldschool skelly model workaround.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can you zoom out yet? I couldnt get to level 2 because I couldnt zoom out from first person feltbadman. I might go back to EZServer, got a T10 group on my own.
Nope, shits classic man.

If you can't figure out how to play EQ in first person or deal with F9 views, probably not the game for you.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm actually surprised that nobody has done this yet. I think I read that Haynar might be working on adding that functionality to his eqwindows-style program he works on.

I've actually got a .dll that I made that emulates this function, because I absolutely couldn't stand trying to play without mouse zoom, but it has to be injected into the EQMac eqgame.exe. It's certainly do-able, but I'm guessing it would have to be .dll proxy'd in, sort of how P99 runs it's anti-hacks and oldschool skelly model workaround.
I have the same dll to enable mouse zoom. It would be easy to add to default dll. It was voted down.

What is being worked on it getting window to work closer to newer clients with mouse not locked. Also a built in client switcher, with similar functionality to wineq2. And an auto log in and store passwords launcher.

There are plenty of improvements possible for pc client. Just takes time.

Scroll wheel enabling has been voted down as an added feature. Because it wasn't part of that era client. Which is funny. Because disabling scroll wheel on p99 was voted down because it would upset too many. Even though it was classic.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Standing on a line for 16 hours to have a chance to kill mobs getting you down ?

Warders never respawning again forcing you to CotH race for Golems in Sleepers just for a chance at a primal burning you out ?

Getting Rule Lawyered over half the mobs you killed frustrating you ?

If you answered yes to all 3 of the questions above TakProject may be the place for you. With the ability to 3 box and a guaranteed future beyond Velious the future is bright.

This week with pals Scryll and Hagz formerly of this server and new friends made there the following mobs were killed by us at a leisurely pace we set.

Ikatiar of the Venom
Eashen of the Sky
Aaryonar
Koi'doken
Lady M
Lady N
Jorlleag
Sevalak
Cekenar
Zlexak
Yelinak
Zlandicar x2
Klandicar
Ventani x2
Hraashna x2
Tukaarak

Some mobs are rotated such as Dozekar and KT between the 2 raiding guilds on the server. It's a nice environment that lets you advance your characters without it feeling like a 2nd job. If this sounds like the environment you would love to play in. Come give it a look.
Lazie you magnificent bastard. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scroll wheel enabling has been voted down as an added feature. Because it wasn't part of that era client. Which is funny. Because disabling scroll wheel on p99 was voted down because it would upset too many. Even though it was classic.
Go figure! That is pretty funny.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
numerous issues I was having trying to run the eqmac client, such as frequent client crashes and shoddy net code.

Both servers offer a different product. The people that want to have the pure eqmac experience with the half-mac/half-titanium client that goes with it, will go to TakP. People that prefer the convenience and stability of having the titanium client, will go to P2002.
We (well, Haynar) fixed the stability issues after they forked our code and we closed the source. The crashing/LDs experienced on P2002 is not an issue on TAKP. (or at least greatly reduced) Titanium is not issue free either, and no longer supported in EQEmu, so don't expect fixes to any problems that arise.

Quote:
I'm not aware of anyone from the P2002 community attacking the TakP server, why does someone from the TakP community feel the need to attack P2002 if the server is as great as you're advertising it as being? Pretty sad way of trying to get players to your server.
P2002 staff (not mere users) are guilty of:

* Exploiting content on our server before we banned them
* Bashing TAKP staff on anonymous forum accounts and discouraging users from trying to play with us
* Impersonating me on Reddit
* Sending TAKP staff lengthy expletive laden hate filled PMs
* Plagiarizing my code

Then there's the thread devoted to vile things said about Secrets they hosted for months before being shamed into deleting it.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lazie you magnificent bastard. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas Buddy!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:37 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
This poster admitted in Discord chat to repeatedly crashing p2002 when they switched the server over to Titanium, via mq2ultracrash, which floods the server with a bunch of bogus data attached to client OP codes.

Sort of ironic after you just got done claiming that you're a better, more mature person these days Secrets.
I did not use MQ2UltraCrash to crash P2002. We made amends with the person who provoked me and that was that. Salty did most of the trolling anyways. It was an elfpals dispute gone wrong. Have nothing against the server really, just a person that played on that server at the time.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Last edited by Secrets; 12-24-2016 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-24-2016, 07:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSmasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yikes

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P2002 is shit. P99 is #1.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread