Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Skeleton

Blah blah blah when the eff is quest Xp turning back on geez, some of us are just trying to get a pet class to our low level next spell level.. (also could we not have just turned off Quest XP for a certain level and above)
Old 12-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

What?! It's been 30 days and the devs still haven't turned back on quest experience?!? Now they're just lying to us.

Two of my alts are stuck in the karanas waiting to turn in lightstones that they've earned themselves by killing in eruds crossing... Get off your lazy ass devs and bring experience back.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaji1359 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?! It's been 30 days and the devs still haven't turned back on quest experience?!? Now they're just lying to us.

Two of my alts are stuck in the karanas waiting to turn in lightstones that they've earned themselves by killing in eruds crossing... Get off your lazy ass devs and bring experience back.
I'm glad you found the right approach.

For a while I pondered how to treat Devs who haved poured years of their lives into P99. I've found a lack of gratitude, flippant assumptions, imputing nefarious motives, and a whiny tone to be the most effective.

After getting in the good graces of Rogean for such an approach, we met up IRL and had a few beers together. We shared our visions for P99 as equals. He made material changes to the P99 source code based on my suggestions.

All thanks to the right approach.

A few more posts like this and they will have no choice but to turn on quest exp. Keep it up, mate.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:01 PM
Aviak

classic
Old 12-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Banned

so, blooming onions
got it
Old 12-06-2020, 03:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you found the right approach.

For a while I pondered how to treat Devs who haved poured years of their lives into P99. I've found a lack of gratitude, flippant assumptions, imputing nefarious motives, and a whiny tone to be the most effective.

After getting in the good graces of Rogean for such an approach, we met up IRL and had a few beers together. We shared our visions for P99 as equals. He made material changes to the P99 source code based on my suggestions.

All thanks to the right approach.

A few more posts like this and they will have no choice but to turn on quest exp. Keep it up, mate.
I will. The devs are lazy and chose the absolute worst possible implementation to fix a problem because they couldn't delve into the code and turn off the troublesome quests. Instead they choose to actively hurt the casual p1999 community which is what is needed to make this community thrive.

And now they're lying to us? Unacceptable. At least show some damn transparency and tell us if timelines change.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:16 PM
Kobold

As I recall, Kunark didn't launch at 12:01am on the 6th of Nov. so technically, it hasn't even been 30 days yet. Calm the hell down, count to the number of lines of code that the devs would have had to sift thru to turn off the troublesome quests, as you so flippantly put it, and we'll see you in a few weeks.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaji139
I will.
Dude, please join the anti-quest-exp side. You're making the good guys look bad. I didn't know Dr. Disrespect played MMOs, but here we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I recall, Kunark didn't launch at 12:01am on the 6th of Nov. so technically, it hasn't even been 30 days yet. Calm the hell down, count to the number of lines of code that the devs would have had to sift thru to turn off the troublesome quests, as you so flippantly put it, and we'll see you in a few weeks.
You sir are correct about 30 days. And from your name and registration date 2013 I am inclined to trust you. However, I believe the Devs are smarter than you and me.

I bet they backed up the DB of quests and then used a smart ctrl+f to find all the "gives player ##### exp' and replaced all the numbers with 0. They will restore the backup database in due time to 'turn on' quest exp.

The Devs have done yeoman's work, but if you think the Devs do anything as stupidly manual as you just described for entire categories of items... well... you're insulting the Devs almost as much as this Kaaji cat.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, please join the anti-quest-exp side. You're making the good guys look bad. I didn't know Dr. Disrespect played MMOs, but here we are.

You sir are correct about 30 days. And from your name and registration date 2013 I am inclined to trust you. However, I believe the Devs are smarter than you and me.

I bet they backed up the DB of quests and then used a smart ctrl+f to find all the "gives player ##### exp' and replaced all the numbers with 0. They will restore the backup database in due time to 'turn on' quest exp.

The Devs have done yeoman's work, but if you think the Devs do anything as stupidly manual as you just described for entire categories of items... well... you're insulting the Devs almost as much as this Kaaji cat.
Fine, I'm being a bit harsh, I apologize. I in no way condone the decision but it is what it is. Let's hope they turn it back on in a few hours (I read from the other thread it would've been 10pm EST today for the full 30 days).
Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

I have no idea what I'm talking about, so disclaimer.

Is it possible to make a cooldown per character for quest exp? So you cant just turn in infinite CB Belts, fangs, etc for purposes of exploiting the quest xp?

Or even limit the cooldown to say, 8 turn-ins per hour or so? Something more on average with what real quest turn ins would be?

Sorry if this is idiotic, just wondering.
Closed Thread