Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not really clear on this idea of a guild war, are you? Yes, they're going to attack you at your most crucial and vulnerable moment. If you're not ready for that kind of pressure, don't guild war.
This ^
-Come at me, Galahad.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope.
What did we ever do Rogean? I thought we were friends. We always had good conversations in Mumble together
Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had a couple good times, Raren, but this server is better without you =(
Lol man you just made me cry thinking about the old times
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starklen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fine by me if it isn't in sky. I don't want to be gfluxed or summoned off islands and lose all my keys.
You will be the first one I target and execute. Any other stipulations you want to set sweetie?

/guildwar ftw. YES!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Raren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What did we ever do Rogean? I thought we were friends. We always had good conversations in Mumble together
You mean besides the trains, exploits, duplicating and threats?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean besides the trains, exploits, duplicating and threats?
People take my threats seriously? Lol
Old 09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will be the first one I target and execute. Any other stipulations you want to set sweetie?

/guildwar ftw. YES!
Enjoy it while you can. In Kunark necros become a nightmare and it just gets worse in Velious.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most of the major guilds will create a second guild specifically for the guildwar instead of doing it on the main one. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Well I'm not sure how you planned on implementing the system but the way it should be is the guild leader has to initiate the guild war with another guild just like an individual would initiate a duel, and therefore the other guild leader would have to accept.

You could even make it go as far as making both guild leaders /petition or request it on forums so it cannot be done quickly.

I'm not a programmer I dont know how tough it would be to implement this, but it would avoid having people declare war on guilds when it was convenient.

When you wanted to stop a war you would have to petition again and it would take several days.

This would also make it so making a smaller pvp guild would be meaningless because you wouldn't be able to attack other guilds unless they accepted your request to go to war.

Something else that might make things better would be a wait time if you left a guild, before you can join another. If you join a guild then you have to wait another 1-2 weeks before you can join another guild. This would refrain from people guild hoping to have pvp status. I think it is fair and most would agree there is no reason to need the ability to join two different guilds in a 2 week period anyways.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

Who honestly wants to fight against poopsuckers?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

I just thought of this, in addition make it so you cannot leave a guild for a certain amount of time, so one cannot join a guild, pvp and then leave right away.

If you join a guild, make a timer on how long until you can change your guild status at all. After a week from the join date you can leave, after 2 weeks from the join date you can join another.
Closed Thread