Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote.
While o respect your reasoning, I can’t get past the models of the larger races (other than barbarian; I’d rock a Barb SK if I could) And I quite like my Delf look.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
East and West Freeport are mostly ok? I usually use the sewers just to be safe (plus it's probably the reason I'm in Freeport anyway). North is a no-no. Freeport Militia start dubious though so it's ok.

Highpass was the big surprise for me, they start off scowling ready to attack. Considering Highpass is the Mos Eisley of Norrath I expected them to be dubious or at worst threateningly. Heretics (evil Erudites) start off Threateningly too which was odd, so keep that in mind when Paineel releases.

Grobb is ok, they're apprehensive. Qeynos you'll have to use the sewers but can probably train with the Bloodsabers? No real reason to go out that way except for Permafrost which no one is hunting in anyway.
No reason to go out that way? BB and Karana bandits are a great option to combine EXP and money with factioning if OP’s hope is to build some better faction
Old 11-18-2019, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And for the supposedly people who "know" aka danthy to post it's not important shows how bad these boards have become. It's an ability you use in EVERY fight from 1-50. From stopping runners, stopping casters, stopping gaters, with changes to FSI on green its almost more important due to how much you use it. And you cant do it as a small race with a two-hander, which are the dps weapons of the class.

Edit- and let me just add what a fucking clown show these boards have become. The whole idea is give valid information to new SK players.
I've spent ten years on P99 and additional years in the original game playing Human hybrid tanks--Paladins and Shadow Knights both. Indeed I don't believe Bash/Slam is all that critical. Nice? Sure. I'll use it if I have it. Critical? Nope. It's at its best at low level and gradually weakens in potency as the player levels. I'm very much speaking from extensive experience.

Are there a relative handful of low/mid level camps a Shadow Knight can handle if he has slam that'd be hopeless for him without? Maybe. I wouldn't suggest picking a race over such trivial concerns, but a few such areas could well exist. What areas do you have in mind? Discussion can educate those new players a lot better than name calling.

Danth
Old 11-19-2019, 03:26 AM
Banned

The only time Slam has been a benefit to me is if I'm duoing with someone else who also has an interrupt because when soloing the mob simply chaincasts anyways. Also, getting dropped into Crouch speed by every damned overhead object while running away is gonna kill you as often as missing your hypothetical Slam.
Closed Thread