Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 10:25 PM
Aviak

Default Your (next) mission, should you choose to accept it:

It doesn't seem like it's been so long, but way back in January a friend and I did a player made quest that people doing it seemed to enjoy. For quite a while we've been talking about doing another and finally all the pieces are almost in place so I'm putting it out there that the next one will be ready in the next 48-72 hours or so. This one will be geared for 50's+ level people, but anyone is welcome to participate. There aren't really any level restricted areas involved but if you don't have access to a certain (very common) zone, you may not be able to experience the entire thing. I guess depending on how other participants feel, you may gain access to said zone. I'm not sure how the start of it will be announced, but it will for sure be done in game, and maybe on the forum as well, depending on participation level.

It's kind of long, but to give you some idea of what to expect, you can go the thread of the previous quest we ran by clicking here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=376921

I don't know if anyone will find it interesting, but if anyone would consider streaming, recording, or screen shotting it, you can send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Stay tuned for updates.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

This is great, thanks for putting it together. A europa member won the CoF last time and had a blast during the event. I'll be sure to share when you confirm details
Old 12-15-2021, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

I will also participate! What a cool idea, thanks for thinking of it. Will keep checking in on this thread.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-15-2021, 11:02 AM
Kobold

neat idea, maybe for your next one you can find unused items ingame and make them useful. Bring me the eyes of the creature in...
Old 12-15-2021, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't seem like it's been so long, but way back in January a friend and I did a player made quest that people doing it seemed to enjoy. For quite a while we've been talking about doing another and finally all the pieces are almost in place so I'm putting it out there that the next one will be ready in the next 48-72 hours or so. This one will be geared for 50's+ level people, but anyone is welcome to participate. There aren't really any level restricted areas involved but if you don't have access to a certain (very common) zone, you may not be able to experience the entire thing. I guess depending on how other participants feel, you may gain access to said zone. I'm not sure how the start of it will be announced, but it will for sure be done in game, and maybe on the forum as well, depending on participation level.

It's kind of long, but to give you some idea of what to expect, you can go the thread of the previous quest we ran by clicking here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=376921

I don't know if anyone will find it interesting, but if anyone would consider streaming, recording, or screen shotting it, you can send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Stay tuned for updates.
Just a suggestion...
With it being so close to Christmas, why not incorporate this quest into a fun player made holiday event!

I wanted to do a Christmas giveaway this year in game with a fun little exploration/collection quest but Christmas crept up a bit too quickly for me to get organized with it.

Either way, seems fun!!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-16-2021, 01:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a suggestion...
With it being so close to Christmas, why not incorporate this quest into a fun player made holiday event!

I wanted to do a Christmas giveaway this year in game with a fun little exploration/collection quest but Christmas crept up a bit too quickly for me to get organized with it.

Either way, seems fun!!
Setting it up takes a lot of work. On top of writing the scripts(which are over 3,300 words) we gotta collect items to give, also gotta make characters, get them fashioned up, keyed if necessary and parked. Then get the dialogue set up and get certain npcs set up and hope no one kills it before they serve their purpose, and if they do get killed or something is camped, run an audible (that makes sense within the story) and hope that the participants don't catch up to you before you finish the change, that sort of thing. Been working on this one off and on for a while. Wanted to do it more in the October time frame but what with work and stuff it got pushed back, and I want to do it before the holidays get in full swing. It would be cool to do a Christmas theme something but at this point it's way too late to make such a drastic change. I've spent a pretty penny just on ports all over hell and creation today and got some more crap to do tomorrow. No wonder we've not done one since January.

That being said, the time is fast approaching. I'll probably drop a post or to here as a sort of RP style countdown to the start and see what happens. See you out there!
Old 12-16-2021, 01:23 PM
Aviak

[You feel something brush against your mind. It is very faint, and you think you may have imagined it. Just as you are about to dismiss it as nothing, you feel it touch your mind again and you are sure you felt it. You close your eyes and try to find it again, but it is gone. What could it be?]
Old 12-16-2021, 06:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You feel something brush against your mind. It is very faint, and you think you may have imagined it. Just as you are about to dismiss it as nothing, you feel it touch your mind again and you are sure you felt it. You close your eyes and try to find it again, but it is gone. What could it be?]
[Images flash in your mind but fade too quickly to make out. They seem hauntingly familiar but you can't put your finger on where it may be]
Old 12-16-2021, 10:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
[Images flash in your mind but fade too quickly to make out. They seem hauntingly familiar but you can't put your finger on where it may be]
[You experience the images again, only this time they clarify into something you can recognize. You see an abandoned manor full of zombies and hideous ghouls. There is a gazebo in which a solitary figure stands. The images seem to be emanating from an erudite in the gazebo, and it feels as though he is calling you to his location. Perhaps you should investigate]
Old 12-16-2021, 11:45 PM
Aviak

Tried to do the thing tonight but not enuf showed up. By the time its all said and done its gonna take 8-12 lvl 58+ people. anyone can join though and the more the merrier. If you see a toon called Gemrasi babbling about some stuff in shout in EC, or WC or some random zones, don't ignore it. it'll probably be worth your time. Thanks to the Axiom people who came out. Will try again.
Closed Thread