Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't worry too much about plat at level 20. You can do fine without any gear. You can also go group in places like Unrest where useful gear will drop for you. Most of the money you'll make early on will be from looting vendor junk off corpses - research components, gems, jewelry. Later on (I mean 50+), as a cleric, you'll be useful in cash camps like fungi king and AE Chardok runs, both of which will get you a lot of money (fungi tunic, once you're lucky enough to see one drop and win a roll on it, is worth over 100k, and AE Chardok runs regularly come up with items worth 5-10k, sometimes more, plus steady gem/jewelry loot). You can also run around resurrecting people and make a pretty penny - people will often pay you 200-300pp for a resurrection in a remote zone; you can make something like 1k an hour if you're efficient at that (probably less on average, though).

But again, I wouldn't worry too much about money early on. All you really need is to afford spells. Don't be shy about looting corpses and you should be alright. Once you hit 46 you can hit up Plane of Hate and get some nice armor there if you're with a guild.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Last edited by Estu; 12-15-2013 at 01:35 AM..
Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Re

As someone who just recently tried this out again, with nothing to start off, I'll reiterate what everyone else said.

Loot everything!

No, I'm not rolling in the cash, I only have a couple of lvl 5's, but I have enough for spells and songs for a few levels. I even lucked into a class only weapon pretty cheaply. Bone chips and spiderling silks, as well as animal pelts are a godsend for a broke player. You just have to spend the time and effort to get them, then wait for someone to buy them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The more you have to sell at one time, the better off you'll be. People seem to be more likely to buy your 6 stacks of bonechips, than 1 stack.

Just my observations [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

At 20 ish for most casters you can do gargoyles on Garg island in oot. Watch out for Spectres.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you farm pixie dust in LFaydark and Gfay for me, I will pay you 150p per stack or 7p per dust.

Hop to it!
Those pixies are good money because they also drop a bunch of gems. Just watch out for the brownie that spawns there. He is a static spawn so as long as you don't get too close he shouldn't be a problem.

Willowisps in NK. If you get a greater lightstone do this quest. The container sells for almost 10pp. You can also farm the Grizzlies in the zone for Grizzly Hides and High Quality Bear Skins which you can sell to other players.

Bandit camps in the Karanas. They drop bronze weapons and if you're not evil you can sell to the merchants in the zones.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those pixies are good money because they also drop a bunch of gems. Just watch out for the brownie that spawns there. He is a static spawn so as long as you don't get too close he shouldn't be a problem.

Willowisps in NK. If you get a greater lightstone do this quest. The container sells for almost 10pp. You can also farm the Grizzlies in the zone for Grizzly Hides and High Quality Bear Skins which you can sell to other players.

Bandit camps in the Karanas. They drop bronze weapons and if you're not evil you can sell to the merchants in the zones.
Can't you also sell to the gypsies even if evil? I always thought that was the benefit of gypsies in that they are on the beta neutral faction.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't you also sell to the gypsies even if evil? I always thought that was the benefit of gypsies in that they are on the beta neutral faction.
You are correct.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you can. I forgot about them because they're not in either WK or EK where the bandits are.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you can. I forgot about them because they're not in either WK or EK where the bandits are.
Don't get mauled by werewolves!!!! I think there are two that path right by the gypsies.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

To earn plat easily, there is one simple trick that is driving most of the elite players on this server CRAZY.

Trust me, I would love to give away this ONE SIMPLE TRICK for free, but like any good American, I believe in business and the free market system. BUT, I WILL tell you about this ONE SIMPLE TRICK for a SURPRISINGLY affordable up-front fee. Just look for me in game and we can get going!

/sarcasm off

Ok, my serious advise? Do not be in a rush to level. I've played at a casual pace, eaten a fair amount of deaths, sometimes exp'd in lame zones that gave terrible exp, but the result is, I was able to get my bank to around 10-15k pretty easily, and, buy some carefully chosen gear to help me out.

And, here is the big thing, I also would sometimes spend an entire day just killing a spot to get loot/pp, even though the mobs were not giving me exp. So keep that in mind for the future.

You gotta work to be gangsta.

edit: sorry, I feel obligated:

OBAMA WANTS YOU TO MAKE PLAT USING THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK!!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 12-17-2013 at 09:07 PM..
Old 12-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Qeynos, I've learned after rolling several new toons at is a great place to start fresh.

Rabid Wolves in qeynos hills drop pelts that are for a quest netting 2pp and change, these guys are level 3 and 5 on 8min timers. I repeated those over and over from lvl4-8 then started hitting up the rabid grizzly who's pelt nets 2pp and a spell scroll you can vendor for 1.9pp

Exp is slow but i did this till lvl12 and made enough for all my spells and about 100pp left over.

Lvl12-18 of bandits in WK yielded another 600pp after spells. Exp gets slow towards 18 but the bronze weapon drops, spell research stuff, and sash turn ins are crazy good money for a newbie.
Closed Thread