Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Aviak

Thumbs down Feels like I am on dial up back in 1999

what is with all of the zoning issues? I have 125 down and 30 up and I still have problems. I see others in my groups go LD while zoning too, so I know it is not just me. Friends in Dial a Port tell me the same thing about zoning; they have way too many people going LD while zoning compared to even 6 months ago.
What gives?
Old 06-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Depends on the circumstances. People "plug" sometimes when they'd rather not have the hassle of trying to find a replacement for themselves after a train/partial wipe...see a lot of that in places like MM.

I guess I've been lucky, rarely crash while zoning... occasionally the client crashes but usually its when I do "/camp server" to get back to the login screen.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

I've been fortunate. Zoning sometimes takes 30 seconds to a minute (rare), but for the most part I am not having issues.

People might want to run some traces and see what's up. There are major changes in the cloud (routing) that no one EVER hears about because it's the major companies doing it.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Kobold

They trying to make everything "classic", remember?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I remember going outside to smoke a cigarette while zoning. It could be worse. XD
Old 06-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Happens to me too. EC and Gfay are the big culprits.. I probably crash/LD while zoning over 50% of the time.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Been crashing on zone very often recently.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Zoning seems quicker after the patch a couple weeks ago but I still get really nasty LDs during zoning sometime. Sometimes it's a "fake" LD where the zone takes longer than normal, and I go LD during it, but I finish and end up on the other side (with group dropped etc.).

Then sometimes I get really nasty ones where my screen just sits frozen for 2+ minutes at a time and eventually I get kicked back to login. I then can't log back in for another 5-10 minutes as if I try to log in too quickly/too often I get caught in some kind of login stuck loop. It's really strange.

I just changed over to a different computer as well so fresh install, new hardware etc., just my connection is the same which is fine for everything else. Only thing I can figure is some obscure routing issue? I know it happens to others on the forums but I also have some friends who claim it has never happened to them.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Skeleton

Yeah I have been getting an unreal amount of LD's when zoning. I know of others with the same issue. It seems to have started after the big server crash a few weeks ago. Sometimes I will zone and take several mins. I will even no longer be in the group when I get to the other side (without being disbanded) some very weird stuff. Taking close to 7 mins to zone .. on a spec'd computer. Something is up.

How do we fix this?
Closed Thread