Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I'm being called bad because my enchanter has good gear
Holy smokes, is your enchanter invincible?
Old 09-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Far from it
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Well you would be if you farmed the stuff I like to farm lol
Old 09-19-2019, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Unsurprisingly I'm with Tecmos and Eberron: Cleric is clearly the superior partner. It's not hard to understand why: Aegolism is +1100 HP while sta/focus is only +250, and stun on charm break is far more useful than Chloroblast which will barely cover a second or two of damage if the RNG is gracing you with loads of bashes and interrupts. Let's not forget the Sky neck bailing you out with instant CH on occasion. People underestimate clerics because the class is a magnet for bad players, but it's actually tremendous when played more actively e.g. Liia, Getsome, Motec and so on.

The only way the Shaman can begin to compensate is by tanking the NPC in question with torpor which makes charm breaks a bit less painful. But guess what: if the NPC can be torpor tanked with a shaman, it isn't doing very much damage on a charm break anyway! The Puppet camp is the one exception to this since a summon will take you into range of other puppets. And even there the Cleric can always use flash of light to build up hate and eat the summon anyway.

For leveling, I'd actually agree with Not Wu Tang and say Enchanter/Necromancer in an undead zone, but only if both players are pretty good. Cleric/Enchanter is easier.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I'm being called bad because my enchanter has good gear
Meh, no vulak robe.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh, no vulak robe.
hurts alittle more everytime
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-19-2019, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Far from it
hahaha no, I mean I'm asking what I could do with that if I should funnel money into ench. It's always kind of sad b/c I funnel money into one char just to be able to farm to funnel money to the next char so it's a circle with no end.

For me, I earned a lot of plat on my druid but I am so used to that charm style. Taking hits doesn't matter, snare, means you can always back away quickly, and being able to heal/regen makes HP loss pretty manageable.

I noticed that I take a lot of damage on my ench and it's brutal. Sometimes I get knocked down to 25% 40% health and just Hammer and sell and go AFK b/c it takes so long to regen health. I also really prefer outdoor zones where I can run wild and am very risk averse (hate dying).

wondering if Zheart is good enough or I'm just tanking too much b/c I am used to that on my druid or if it's a complete game changer having ZHeart+Ring10.

I know you always did dope shit and always pushed boundaries for your char+gearsetup regardless of what you had equipped - so no shot at you bro!
Old 09-20-2019, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanter is always amazing, but it wasn't the absolute strongest in early-EQ.

Necromancer was the strongest, as their pet was super overpowered (and no risk of charm break - which happens more frequently and is more problematic in the early era, when you don't have max Charisma or as much mana), and they had Feign Death on top of it. Necromancers leveling as they slept, by going FD at an exp spot and their pet tearing through the NPC's on its own, was something that eventually happened. Using FD to avoid or create trains (also Fear), is another part of what made the Necro skillset so powerful.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

As a lvl 60 chanter, I prefer cleric duo over shm, because if shit goes down cleric can camp while I keep mobs mezzed, and then die after clr is safe.

With shm, I can be in lazy mode and not slow or have blanket memmed.

But I do find clr duo to be a bit more mana efficient. With shm sometimes they need a med break, maybe they spent too much mana dotting? I guess this could vary with diff shm players.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People underestimate clerics because the class is a magnet for bad players, but it's actually tremendous when played more actively e.g. Liia, Getsome, Motec and so on.
Good point about clerics.
Lots of posts in this thread describing them as CH bots that can occasionally help out with a stun on pet breaks, which is true 99% of the time but a cleric in enc duo can be so much more. Make a charisma build on the cleric, make sure that you hit 255 CHA with OS and have the cleric do all the calms, if you get a crit resist just DA and let the enc cc. Just to name one aspect.
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Closed Thread