Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Default Exp with pet taking +50%

I was wondering if I will get the exact same exp if I solo with a pet that does >50% dmg that I would get if I grouped with one other player of similar level? If we kill mobs at the same rate as a duo team that I would soloing with pet.

Do I make sense? I mean if I kill Mob A and it yields "200" exp points to me straight solo. If I then kill Mob A with a pet doing >50% dmg I should get "100" exp points, right?

And the same would be true if I kill Mob A while grouped with one other player of similar level. Right? Or is my logic flawed?
Old 08-04-2017, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Theres a pet guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide

Quote:
In order to receive full experience for a kill solo, you need to do more than 50% of the damage to the mob. If your pet out-damages you, it will take 50% of the experience away from the kill. This is a major change from the previous system, in which you only needed to do a single point of damage to the mob in order to get full experience. If you are grouped, you and your group will get full experience from the kill, regardless of how much damage the pet does.
Though Im not familiar offhand how much xp would be lowered in a duo per kill. I would think its far more efficient to duo
Last edited by Kavious; 08-04-2017 at 06:18 AM..
Old 08-04-2017, 06:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks. Yeah I was wanting to know if the 50 % penalty would equate to the same amount of exp if I were to group with someone.

Let's say I were to click a dragon tooth and PL myself with the pet. Would I gain the same amount of exp alone as I would grouped with someone of similar level?

Because I am losing 50 % exp per kill if solo because pet doing 100 % dmg. If grouped pet is still doing 100 % dmg. However, 100 % exp is going to the group because I am no longer solo. Me and other person splits the exp 50/50 and so I should be gaining the same amount of exp per kill that I would be if alone with my PL-pet. That's just what I'm trying to confirm.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

A better strategy might be to group with a player who is xp green to you.

This way instead of getting 50% xp, as you would if solo with pet or grouped with an equal level player, you'll actually end up getting considerably more than 50% xp.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A better strategy might be to group with a player who is xp green to you.

This way instead of getting 50% xp, as you would if solo with pet or grouped with an equal level player, you'll actually end up getting considerably more than 50% xp.
But do you happen to know if my assumption is correct? Two level 15 players grouped together each get the same amount of exp per kill that one level 15 player would get on the same mob kill if his/her pet did 50 % or more of the damage?

Or are there other mitigating factors?
Old 08-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Orc

In a duo it would be 50% each even if the pet did 100% of dmg, as long as neither of the two in the duo was a race with xp penalty.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Large Bat

"When a PC kills a mob, he gets to eat the pie. When players group together and kill a mob, they have to split the pie. However, through the magic of the group bonus, for each person in the group beyond the first, the pie gets a little bit bigger (2% bigger in fact) before we pull out the knife to divide the slices."

https://wiki.project1999.com/Mechani...for_Experience

Soo.. maybe try a trio for a definite boost to exp, if there's enough mobs around.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

group with someone, split up and go further apart to not share exp, youll both benefit from the group status and get full exp
Old 08-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
group with someone, split up and go further apart to not share exp, youll both benefit from the group status and get full exp
Thought they fixed this. And yes, as a mage, you might as well duo. You will get roughly the same exp as if your pet had done all the damage. Solo with pet = two exp shares. Duo with partner and your pet = two exp shares.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the group bonus zone wide is not an actual thing. It was a thing on EQMAC iirc but never live.
group exp bonus on mac owned bones, loved abusing it for alts

sadly it doesn't exist on tak
Closed Thread