Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Large Rat

Default Back to EQ, question about graphics

Hey guys, is there any patch/update to make the graphics look like Luclin/Planes of Power era? I started to play again EQ after more than 12+ years and joined this server to start fresh new, and I loved the graphic update on the game.

I only found this post in the forum and I dont know if it works: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2482

Rizzix, Wood Elf Druid lvl13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

The graphics enhancement projects (like the one you linked) are all you're going to be able to use here.

EVERYTHING from Luclin, PoP, and beyond is an anathema here (see the upper-left corner for why). I think they even changed the code to actually prevent you from even using Luclin models now (except maybe the elementals?), but I also think there might be some way around it (not sure/don't care personally because I like the classic stuff).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Large Rat

thanks for the answer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i started like 5-6 months before Luclin graphics and i liked both, but i played mostly with the new ones (except in raid, always used old models [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). well ill use the patch i found before and lets enjoy this great game again
Old 03-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

ReShade works with P99, it just provides a post process filter over the graphics. There are still many limitations of what you can use within ReShade, for example, its difficult to get true shadows or real HDR/bloom but you can get fake HDR pretty easily. Because of the way EQ did textures some of the effects will make the world look better but will cause very noticeable lines between different angles/texture. You will have to play around with different settings and find what works for you. The thing this does best is brighten the colors of the game giving them a pop and leaving behind the washed out look.

It is also possible to use ENBinjector to do the same thing but much more limited, the only difference is that you can get better shadows with this but I didn't find it worth it and I don't think I have the files to do provide those anymore.

The Trilogy HD files do make some zones look considerably better as well as towns with readable signage.
Closed Thread