Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-07-2021, 04:23 PM
Project Manager

Lord Grimrot was missing the quest for Trumpy's skull. So, Fixed, pending update.

About Grimrot's Love, I found some Japanese(?) and did a google translate but unsure it helps. Posting for posterity.

Quote:
このクエストは、Electrum-Bladed Wakizashiのためのものです。Lord Grimlot は、うっかりして彼の元からMistmoor城へ逃げられてしまった最愛のArlenaのことを話します。 彼は非常に感情的になっており、そのArlenaを探しだし、殺して、lute
of the gypsy (ジプシーのリュート)か彼女の骨のどちらかをもってきて欲しいと頼むでしょう。ただし、どちらを持ってく るかは人によって違うようです。Grimlotが欲しがる方を用意して下さい。話を聞かずにアイテムを渡す ことは一種の賭ですので、まず最初にどちらが必要なのか聞いておくべきです。

This quest is for Electrum-Bladed Wakizashi. Lord Grimlot talks about his beloved Arlena, who inadvertently escaped from him to the castle of Mistmoor. He has become very emotional, seeks out, kills, and lutes that Arlena.
You will be asked to bring either the gypsy of the gypsy or her bones. However, it seems that which one to bring depends on the person. Please prepare the person who wants Grimlot. Passing an item without listening is a kind of bet, so you should first ask which one you need.

もし所定のアイテムをGrimlotに渡したならば、a
Blackened Blade Hilt(黒い剣の柄(つか)) (LORE)
と a Noteを貰えます。

If you give the given item to Grimlot, a
Blackened Blade Hilt (LORE)
And a Note.

このNoteをNeriakのShadow Knightギルドの近くにいるDekam N'Tazi に渡して下さい。そうすると、blackened iron
mold(黒い剣の型) (LORE)を貰えます。これは、2つのアイテムをコンバインするためのコンテナアイテムです。そして彼は 、いくつかのメタルで剣を鍛える必要があると説明してくれます。

このmoldの中に、enchanted electrum bar (ENCが魔力付加したelectrum
bar)とa Blackened Blade Hiltを入れてコンバインして下さい。そうするとElectrum-Bladed
Wakizashiを入手できます。

Give this Note to Decam N'Tazi near the Shadow Knight Guild in Neriak. Then blackened iron
You will receive a mold (LORE). This is a container item for combining two items. And he explains that he needs to train his sword with some metal.

この剣は、1HSの武器で、DMG7、ATK Delay21の強力な武器です。スクリーンショットはこちら

This sword is a 1HS weapon and a powerful weapon for DMG7 and ATK Delay21. Click here for screenshots

しかし注意して下さい! このWakizashiを作成する際、Blacksmithのスキルがチェックさ れます。ある程度のスキルがなくては成功しないようですが、いくら必要か分かっていません。
また、このWakizashiはNO DROPアイテムです。すなわち、コンバインする人は使用者本人でなくてはなりません。

But be careful! When creating this Wakizashi, Blacksmith's skill will be checked. It doesn't seem to succeed without some skill, but I don't know how much I need.
Also, this Wakizashi is a NO DROP item. In other words, the person who combines must be the user himself / herself.

(OOT)これはPO誌で紹介されたElectrum-Bladed
Wakizashiの別の入手方法だと思います。あちらがGOOD系の入手方法だとすれば、こちらはEVI Lサイドの入手方法なのでしょう。ただし、DE変身マスクがあればできそうな気もします。Arlenaがど こにいるのか私は分かりませんし、何より鍛冶屋スキルが必要という情報が本当かどうか気になりますね。結局 そう簡単には貰えないみたいですが、Arlenaが簡単に見つかるのだとすれば、鍛冶屋スキルを上げるメリ ットが出てきましたね。特に1HSを多用するクラスの方は是非狙って欲しいものです。

(OOT) This is Electrum-Bladed introduced in PO magazine
I think it's another way to get Wakizashi. If that is the way to get the GOOD system, this is probably the way to get the EVIL side. However, I feel that I can do it if I have a DE transformation mask. I don't know where Arlena is, and most of all I'm wondering if the information that blacksmith skills are needed is true. After all, it doesn't seem to be so easy to get, but if Arlena is easy to find, it has the merit of improving blacksmith skills. Especially for those who use 1HS a lot, I definitely want them to aim.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20020425...cID=2909.topic

Quote:
Vladimirr DBenefiece
(4/5/01 6:40:29 am)
Re: Aegis of Life Changed in Patch?
The Opal Scythe method is the OLD way to do the Aegis quest. I believe it was put in just after they removed the EBW quest from Grimrot (yes, Grimrot used to give the Electrum Bladed Wakizashi quest too). Someone's got some old info posted.

Vladimirr D'Benefiece
Officer, Order of the White Dragon
Deepwater Knight
In Service of our Good and Gracious Oceanlord, Prexus
Bristlebane Server
Click here for equipment listing
Old 05-08-2023, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

I've never been able to find a reference to the original quest actually working on Live. All references go back to a single quest description from beta era. If this quest was ever live it must have been changed fairly quickly after launch, maybe in the first Mistmoore revamp that took place in the first couple months (May, June 99 ish).
Old 09-12-2023, 09:10 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the Opal Scythe implemented for next patch.

Will be a 'new' item for that era, and can be used for Aegis quest.