Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?
Pre-merge I had more fun 180 60.81%
Post-merge I'm having more fun 29 9.80%
I had roughly the same amount of fun before/after 54 18.24%
Bush merged the towers into the ground 33 11.15%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Was Having Two Servers More Fun Than One?

Now that we've had time for the "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" crowd to calm down, I'm genuinely curious about something ...

Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?

I'm not asking about guilds, how hard soloing or grouping is/was, how long lists are/were, or anything else ... unless that's what "fun" means for you.

Also, I'm not pushing any agenda with this poll: it really has no relevance until P99 launches a new Green server (in a decade or so). I just want to hear from the forum's "silent majority".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Banned

Yes..

200 people in a 5 foot hall chasing dragon's.

Also inc 500 people in plane of fear.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Banned

Also voted towers
Old 02-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Banned

I'm still having fun. Shrug. Given the opt-in id split them till legacy items are removed.

Sometimes i leave the char select screen up or leave a lvl 1 mule logged in for day's. I find it fun boosting pop nbrs.

Fun is relative n subjective
Old 02-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't play on both (other than having chars in both for auction recording), so it really didn't matter a WHOLE lot. Due to time constraints I mostly solo, and that's a lot harder now, but the time I do put in is about the same fun.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also voted towers
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad I don't have to level another cleric (yet).

Voted for Post-merge as now there's more dead people.

-Mcoy
Old 02-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Fun is relative n subjective
Whis is exactly why I phrased the question that way: you can't get in an argument with someone over whether they're having fun or not (though I'm sure some on this forum will try [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't play on both (other than having chars in both for auction recording), so it really didn't matter a WHOLE lot.
I suspect the majority of people only played on one. But since the merger impacted both, it doesn't matter whether you played on one or both before: I'm just asking, wherever you played/play, was it more fun before or after (or the same)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voted for Post-merge as now there's more dead people.
See this guy gets the poll's (deliberately subjective) criteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 02-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Two servers was fun but felt like a side show not an EQ experience

1200 people is classic - was around 2000 people on some servers even
Old 02-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two servers was fun but felt like a side show not an EQ experience

1200 people is classic - was around 2000 people on some servers even
The poll was definitely not "which is/was more classic?" (this forum could argue that until the cows come home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

But whichever one was more fun, before or after (or neither), vote that!

Closed Thread